24.

Kana called Jae and told him what happened.

"Don't worry, I'll manage here," Jae said.

"Love, why don't you stay here and let me take care of it?" Marcus is worried for him.

He shook his head, "No, love. I won't be at ease more if I stay here,"

Marcus breathed out, "Okay, but don't over-exert," Kana nodded and looked at Jae.

Jae smiled at him, "Congrats to both of you. Let's celebrate this news after you bring back Trent,"

The two nodded. Kana reminded him not to tell anyone yet about the news then they left.

Jian sent them the location since he followed Michaels secretly.

*

Arriving at the location, Jian informed them what happened. He saw Trent rushing to the parking lot and thinking he needed help, he followed him and there he saw Dr. Michaels.

"Was this the place where it happened?" Jian asked.

"Yes," Kana answered as they were quietly surveying the area.

"What do you want?" they heard Trent asked.

They are peeking inside. Michaels isn't answering and just staring at his son.

"Why don't you answer? Why did you bring me here and how did you find out?" Trent asked again.

They were all surprised to see tears start falling from the doctor's eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Trent asked his father.

Stan shook his head and wiped his tears but it's still falling.

"I... It's just that, I long to look into your eyes again," Stan finally talked.

Trent scoffed, "As if that's true,"

"Son, I know I made a huge mistake and I can't bring back the time to correct it. That was one of the reasons why I kept silent when I found out you were alive," he paused.

"I regretted that I separated you from Nico and I know I can't bring him back so, as an atonement, I kept my distance and let you live with your new identity," his father said.

'So, he didn't know about Jason,' this thought ran in Marcus, Kana, and Jian's minds.

"Then why did you reveal you knew about me now?" Trent asked.

Stan looked down, "I just wanted to see you before I do the thing I should long before," he looked up and continued. "I will reopen the case and pay for my sins. I will surrender myself to the authorities,"

What he said shocked all of them.

"W-Why?" Trent stuttered.

"I failed. I failed as a husband and as a father. Your death made me realize how bad I am. You were the only family I had and I did that to you. I was about to end myself after your death but that would not be enough. I thought living with all this resentment and guilt was a better punishment. I helped people in need and even supported people like you. I secretly helped Nico's family but no, it wasn't enough. It will never be enough because I lost you," Stan cried.

Trent is in tears listening to his father. Kana is leaning on Marcus as they listen.

"When I learned that you were alive, I felt so relieved and happy. But I can't fully be happy because I took away your happiness. I decided to stay away so you could live freely but the past is crawling back to the surface because of Trace," Stan said.