10.

(AN: I owe you guys an update. I don't have plans of updating my major ongoings stories, but you guys have been patiently waiting... So, here it is.)

******

The next morning, Kana stirs in his sleep.

"N-no. Stop.."

Marcus who woke up earlier and watched him sleeping frowned when Kana starts stirring and mumbling incoherently.

"H-help... A-cus"

'What's going on? What are you dreaming, love?' Marcus asked in his mind.

"Babe, wake up. You're dreaming. Wake up, love." Marcus shakes him gently.

After a while, Kana woke up with fear in his eyes looking around.

"Hey, baby, calm down," Marcus said cupping his boyfriend's face.

"A-cus?" He asked a little disoriented.

"Yes, it's me," Marcus said.

Kana launched at him and hugs him tight.

"Don't hate me. P-please. I-I didn't mean it. Please. Don't hate me." He keeps saying this while crying.

Marcus has no idea why or what causes Kana to be like this. All he could do is to comfort the latter.

"Are you okay, now?" Marcus asked as he cradles his baby's face.

(ctto)

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Kana thought for a while before nodding.

"I-it was about that day. The day that I said something that I never meant."

He starts. He told Marcus about the time when he was in high school. Someone has an obsession with him. That guy learned that he likes someone and that sent the guy to confront and threatened him.

That time, the guy threatened him that he will hurt the one he likes. To keep that man safe, he told the guy that he doesn't have any sort of romantic feelings for that person.

He's afraid that the person he likes will get hurt. So, he blurted out that he doesn't like that person and he was not gay to fall for a man.

Marcus listened to him carefully, he figured out that it was him. That's the time he heard and misunderstood the younger. That's why their developing closeness got affected.

After all this time, Jian was right. It was truly a misunderstanding. If he only paid more attention that day, he should have noticed that Kana was in trouble.

He was lost in his thoughts when Kana pats his cheek harder to bring him back.

"Are you okay?"