9.

It's been 3 months since the team came to the town

It's been 3 months since the team came to the town. They became closer to each other.

Jae is finally warming up with Jian. Even Paul and Kelly. They just love to annoy each other.

As for their team leaders? Well, they look like a married couple with a very strict hubby. The only downside is that the two are not officially lovers.

They kissed, hug, and argue like a couple but they are not. That's what's bothering the group's mother... That's how they call Kana.

They are all on their break at the hospital's garden when a lady came running.

"Marcus!"

Marcus who is talking with Jian in a corner turned and at that very moment, the girl latched her lips to him.

Gasped were heard and they all turned to Kana who was also shocked.

"I missed you." The girl said. Marcus turned to where Kana is, worriedly.

"What are you-

His question was cut when the emergency beeper beeps. Kana took the chance to leave. His team followed him.

"You're doomed, Marcus," Jian said patting his shoulder before heading in.

"I will deal with you later." He said to the girl.

*******

Marcus came and saw Kana getting ready.

"What happened?" he asked.

"A hiker fell and in critical condition." Ms. Carter answered.

"Jae, let's go," Kana said but Marcus grabbed his arm.

"It's not your duty," he said.

"It doesn't matter. I'm needed there. If you excuse me. I have a life to save." Kana pulled his arm away and walked out.

Kana is waiting for Jae in the ambulance but it's Marcus who entered. He just looked at him and banged the ambulance wall to tell that they are good to go.

They arrived and they rushed out to where the patient is.

"Fuck"

"We need to operate him before we can travel him safely," Kana said

"We can't do that here," Marcus told him.

"We don't have a choice. He'll die before we reach the hospital." He said and told the nurses that came with them to bring the patient inside the ambulance.

"Are you insane? Don't tell me you're going to perform the surgery in there?" Marcus exclaimed

"Why not? The ambulance is equipped with everything that I will need. If you don't want to help then move aside. Stop wasting my time." Kana said pushing him aside.