15.

Tomorrow came and just like any other day, both Marcus and Kana are busy attending to their patients. They got reminded by their parents about the dinner later.

"So, you two will tell them about your relationship?" Jae asked. They are at Kana's office.

Kana nodded, "Mn. Whether that's their agenda or not, Marcus and I decided to tell them,"

"Hmm, that's better. It will also help to prevent nonsense rumors," Jae agreed.

"I just hope that they will not oppose my relationship with Marcus," Kana uttered.

Jae frowned, "Why would they oppose? They wanted you to be together, right?"

Sighing, Kana leaned back against his chair. "Are they? What if they just wanted me to be more mature like Marcus that's why they set that medical mission?" he voiced out.

Jae didn't answer and was just thinking, so Kana continues. "Also, Marcus and I have a hunch that the rumor was caused by them,"

"What made you two think like that?" Jae asked.

"Well, for starters, if you and I are together, it has nothing to do with McQuin Hospital, and no one knows about my relationship with Marcus aside from you guys who were there," Kana said.

"Then why the two of us instead of you and Marcus?" Jae asked his doubts.

"To trigger us," Kana simpered.

"I get it. If they spread false news, they know you two will react to set things straight. But, I am confused about why they had to do that. I mean, they could have just asked you two directly or waited for the two of you to come clean," Jae shared his thoughts.

"Or they were just fishing if I and Marcus are together," Kana said making Jae agree.

Then an idea popped into Jae's mind.

"What's with that face?" Kana asked seeing the mischievousness in his friend's eyes.

"Why don't you two take revenge if your hunch is correct about their involvement?" he suggested.

Kana's face morphed into confusion at first before a grin emerged on his face. Then they fist-bumped.

***

Evening came and both young doctors decided to go to the Castle's mansion separately. Kana told Marcus about Jae's suggestion and his plan and Marcus just let his lover do what he wants.

Marcus arrived last because he had emergency surgery. He was guided to the living room where Kana's parents and his are.

He greeted them politely and took a seat after.

"Please, wait a little more. The dinner will be served soon," Aleina said.

Marcus smiled, "No, worries, Auntie,"

Aleina smiled at him and they all engaged in a light conversation until the dinner is ready. Aleina asked one of their helpers to call her son.

"Good evening," Kana greeted before taking a seat and they greeted him back except Marcus who just glanced at him.

"Let's eat before we get down to business," Zenith said making the two doctors look at him.

They chuckled at the confused faces of their sons.

"Later, boys," Maddison said.

Marcus and Kana didn't say anything and just start eating. When they are done, they shifted to the living room.

"What's this all about?" Kana asked.

Their parents glance at each other.

"We heard a news circulating the hospitals," Steven said.