6

*loki's pov*

As I watch her sleep I continue to worry. It's been three days and she's still not awake. I should have kept a closer eye on her. Damnit! Why can't I do anything right....even keeping a mere angry mortal safe from the scum of Midgard. You go back
to your reading waiting impatiently for Y/N to awaken.

*Y/N pov*

You hear movement in the room. You're head is killing you fo you let out a groan. You open your eyes being blinded by the light. You hear a voice say something but you but it's a muffled mess. You groan again holding your head until you see Loki in your vision. "Alyss...what are you feeling?" That's smart. Not asking how I'm feeling but what I'm feeling. You think to yourself. You sigh and try sitting up before Loki gently pushed you back down. "I'm feeling a pain in the ass that's not letting me sit up." You groan looking around. "What the hell happened..." You asked wondering why you two were the only ones here. Loki sighed. "You were  attacked by a vulgar man who took advantage of you in a bathroom..." he gave her a sympathetic look. It pissed you off to be looked at like that. "Yeah well thanks for swooping in, hero.." you pushed him away making yourself stand as Tony and Banner entered. Tony walked up to you and looked you over. "You ok kid?" You sigh. You hated being called kid. You're older than everyone except Loki in this room. But you nodded anyway. "Yes I'm fine...can I go now. Please. I need to shower. . ." You push past them and make your way to the elevator. Loki close behind you. You roll your eyes. "Unless you are joining me in the shower you better stay here. . ." You enter the elevator. Loki stays silent entering with you. "My room is on the same floor....I'm simply going to it." His formal wording irritated you. When the elevator reaches your floor you step out going directly to your room and slamming the door. Loki smirks knowing he struck a nerve and goes to his own room.

After your shower you dried and changed as your stomach made a loud gurgling noise. You frowned at it, but shrugged and headed down stairs. As soon as you exit the elevator Nat rushed you with a hug. "I'm so sorry... I should have went with you." You smiles and hugged back. "It's ok. I promise. Loki was looking out for me too. I'm safe. So it's ok..." you forced a smile and went to the kitchen eating something quick and snuck off to train. In the middle of training you hear the alarm for a mission. You sigh and quickly run to your room changing to your suite and left the room. Loki was already heading to the elevator. He held it for you.

When everyone was assembled downstairs you branched off into teams. Loki was with you, Nat, and Clint. As you reached the destination you jumped from the jet you were in and used your powers to land safely. Purple light engulfed you. Men instantly started attacking as you fought back. You realized a moment after all the men were laying on the ground unconscious or dead that their patched indicated this was HYDRA. Your breathing hitches as your eyes grew wide and you backed up a little. Loki was at your side in an instant. "What's wrong y/n?" He looked concerned. You shook your head. "Nothing. Let's keep looking." You both head inside.

It was a long fight but you managed to take down whatever it was they were doing. Loki looked to you and went to you. It has started raining outside but you didn't care. You walked out the door to walk in it. Loki followed. "What was that about earlier? Your hesitation, it looked as it you were scared." You whip around already soaked your hair clinging to your neck and all around you. "I'm not scared of anything. Go ahead and get that through your thing Godly skull..."  You looked very angry. Loki frowned. "What is wrong with you y/n!? All I'm trying to do is help you and possible be a friend." You look at him biting your lip. "HYDRA is the reason I am the way I am. Both physically and mentally." You looked down. Why were you telling him this... "I was raised by them... after my parents died, and I was separated from my brother... who
I assume died as well knowing he didn't have powers like me... I was raised to be a killing machine." You chuckled at that ridiculous word. "I escaped....that's when fury found me. . . And I was trained to be an Avenger. . ." You turned to him. Loki stepped closer putting his hands on your shoulders looking sad. "But why still be afraid of them after all this time when you have everyone to help you with this and back you up." You became upset again. "Never mind. You don't understand you will never understand." Loki kept a tight hold on you. "No stop, now talk to me! Things happen, things go wrong. You can't explain them you can't predict them. I'm sorry your family died but it was a long time ago. Killing yourself won't bring them back. Just stop and look what you have right in front of you. . ." Loki stared into your eyes. "What are you saying?" Your own eyes filling with tears. "Me...y/n. Me..." Loki dropped his gaze pressing his forehead to yours then his lips to your lips. You stiffened for a moment then kissed back wrapping your arms around him. You pulled back looking at his eyes as he let you pull away slightly this time. You let him have a small smile before his eyes widened in shock. You heard a whistling noise in the air. More that one. You look down at Loki's chest seeing what looked like darts. You looked at him in shocked as you turned and were hit by a round of them yourself. At least four. Your vision blurred and you fell to the ground. You didn't even notice Loki already passed out on the ground. You're vision caught glimpse of figures moving towards you then all went black.