- { Chapter 3 } -

I make my way downstairs and find some of the few friends I have. "MG, Kaleb!" I jog over to them.

"Hey Nikkol, what's up?" I shrug my shoulders.

"Nothing much. Hey, would you guys be willing to do me a favor?" I ask hopefully.

"Sure, we owe you anyways. What do you need?" MG says whereas Kaleb looks a little skeptical.

     I fish the letter out of my bag and hand it to MG. "I know this may seem weird but please give this to Hope's dad. And if he asks who gave it to you, just say you don't know." MG takes the letter out of my hand and Kaleb's eyes widen.

"Are you frickin' insane Nik?! You want us to walk up to Klaus Mikaelson and just hand him an envelope?!" Kaleb continues to yell at me and MG just sighs at his friend.

"Kaleb I didn't wanna do this but if you're gonna act like this..." I walk up closer to Kaleb and look him in the eyes. "You're gonna do what I asked you to. You're not gonna question my reasoning or freak out any more. You'll just do what you're told. You'll think a random girl walked up to you and told you to do this, not me. Understood?" He stares down at me in a trance.

"I understand. I'll do what you say." He says. MG looks at me with wide eyes.

"H-how did yo-?" He stutters. He doesn't know that I'm a tribrid. He thinks I'm just a witch. And even if he knew I was part vampire he doesn't know that I'm an original and that I'm able to compel other vampires.

"Don't ask questions please. I'll tell you about it later." I say. He takes a deep breath.

"Okay. But I'm not gonna forget about this." He says. He then grabs Kaleb's arm and speeds off to find Klaus. I sigh and speed to the quarry to place the first clue.

     When I get there I find a good spot to put it and lay the clue under a decent sized rock. Then I speed back to the school. When I get back to the school I walk past the Mikaelsons and smirk when I hear Klaus yell in anger and confusion.

"Bloody hell?!" I see MG and Kaleb standing in front of them with scared looks on their faces.

     I decide to go over and help them. "Who the bloody hell gave you this!?" Klaus yells at MG and Kaleb as I walk up next to them.

"Is something wrong here?" I ask. Everyone looks over to me.

"Nik, thank god! Help!" MG says with fear in his voice.

"What did you two nitwits do now? Did you make him read one of your stupid comics MG?" I act to make sure that my biological family doesn't suspect anything.

"What? No! I would never give up one of my comics!" MG yells. I roll my eyes and the Mikaelsons give us a look that says they don't know what's going on.

"Well then what did you do?" I cross my arms over my chest.

"Some random chick walked up to us and told us to give something to Klaus so we did." Kaleb says.

"Why you of all people?" I ask, keeping up the act.

"How are we supposed to know? It's not like we'd ever met the girl before." MG says.

     I shake my head back and forth. "Ok so you gave something to Klaus, why is it such a big deal?" I ask.

"It just is! This letter is from someone that we've been looking for, for 16 years. And the person wants us to go on a bloody scavenger hunt to find them by the end of the week!"

"What happens if you don't find them by the end of the week?" MG asks.

"Then we won't find them unless they want to be found, according to the letter." Klaus answers.