- { Chapter 18 } -

A/N: 

Before I start the chapter...

The next several chapters will be loosely following along the plotlines of the Winchesters' smaller hunts. I won't be following along with the big storylines like Abaddon, the Leviathans, Metatron, etc...

So, without further ado...

Enjoy! :)

︾︾︾︾︾

     Two days after leaving the boarding school, the group of three pulls into a hotel parking lot, the tires of the Impala screeching as they pass a sign that reads: Welcome to the Pineview Hotel. Castiel had to excuse himself from the journey the previous night to take care of some angel business.

     Dean pulls the car into a parking spot and kills the engine before the group all get out together. Nikkol and Dean both pause and stare in confusion as they see three cars lined up in parking spots next to each other. All of them being black, 1967 Chevy Impalas.

"Guys! Come on," Sam tells them as he rushes over to the front steps of the hotel, where none other than Chuck Shurley, prophet of the lord, stands pacing back and forth anxiously.

     Dean and Nikkol rush to catch up to him. "Chuck! There you are," Sam calls out to the man as the group slows to a stop.

"Guys," Chuck greets in confusion , his voice rising an octave due to his nerves.

"What's going on?" Dean asks, placing his hand on the small of Nikkol's back as she stands next to him.

"Uh, nothing. You know, just, um, I was kind of hangin'. W-what are you guys doing here? Who is this?" the prophet says, his voice portraying his anxiety by raising in pitch.

"Nikkol Saltzman," the tribrid smiles kindly at Chuck, nodding in greeting.

     Chuck's eyes widen in realization as the brunette introduces herself. Then, Dean speaks up, "You told us to come."

"Uh, no, I didn't." Chuck shakes his head in denial.

"Yes, you did. You texted me — this address. 'Life-or-death situation.' Any of this ring a bell?" Sam says with furrowed brows.

"No, I-I-I didn't send you a text," Chuck shakes his head once again.

"We drove two days straight," Dean says, starting to get frustrated by the situation.

"I'm sorry. I-I-I don't understand what could-" Chuck trails off before sighing and rolling his eyes. "Oh, no."

"What?" Dean snaps.

"Sam! You made it," A blonde woman squeals as she runs down the stairs with wide, excited eyes.

     Nikkol furrows her brows in confusion as she looks at the excited woman. "Uh, mind filling me in?" She nudges Dean with her elbow, who looks down at her, just as confused.

"Oh, uh... Becky, right?" Sam greets the woman.

"Oh. You remembered," Becky says, "You've been thinking about me." Becky's voice lowers.