- { Chapter 17 } -

Despite all having their own guest rooms, the Winchesters decided to stay in Nikkol's room once again. They wanted to be there in case she needed help, and were worried that if they slept in their own rooms, then they wouldn't be able to reach her soon enough. Nikkol, of course, didn't mind this at all, and was secretly thankful for it. Isaac and Benny both went back to their respective rooms for the night, while Gabriel departed with the words, "Click your heels three times if ya need me, Nikki," before flashing away to God only knows where.

     So the next morning, Nikkol stirred slightly from her slumber, only to barely acknowledge that she was entangled in the limbs of Sam and Castiel. Still tired from the last few days, however, she simply shrugged and went back to her dreamless slumber.

     A few hours later, Castiel was the first one awake. Now, usually angels don't sleep, but Castiel Winchester is not your typical angel. For some reason unbeknownst to him and his brothers, he requires a few hours of sleep every few days. He would never complain about his visits to the sand man though. Those few hours of rest that he gets here and there allow him to relax without the usual worries that come with being a hunter and an angel.

     Once the angel had blinked the dreariness of his tired eyes away, he looked around himself. His cheeks flushed as he realized the position he had somehow managed to find himself in. Nikkol's legs were currently wrapped around his own and she was hugging his abdomen as if he was some sort of stuffed animal that brought her comfort, whilst her head laid on his chest. He looked over further to see that Sam was spooning the tribrid with his arm over his older brother's face, who was laying horizontally at the head of the bed.

     Nikkol's hair was splayed delicately across the angel's chest, with the ends of it just barely brushing Sam's face behind her. This caused the youngest Winchester's nose to twitch when she moved her head. The angel caught his gaze on the tribrid's face and was awestruck at how peaceful she appeared to be. A few pieces of her dark hair were framing her face as her lower lip was jutted out in a pout that Castiel found absolutely adorable. Her left cheek was squished against him as her face was pointed towards his own. He couldn't believe he was so lucky as to be in the presence of someone so stunning — someone whose beauty could only be described as ethereal.

     Slowly, as to not disturb the sleeping woman half on top of him, Castiel took his free hand and gently brushed a few stray hairs out of Nikkol's face, exposing a narrow, jagged scar on her right temple. Even having already seen so many markings on her skin, he was still surprised when he discovered another one. No matter the scars though, he still thought — no, he knew — Nikkol Alexia Saltzman was the most beautiful being he had ever had the pleasure of laying his eyes upon.

     Dean was the next one to awaken, groaning quietly as he stretched his stiff limbs. He sat up and looked around in the dark before his gaze landed on Castiel, who was now looking at him. The green eyed Winchester opened his mouth to speak, but before he could even think of anything to say the angel was holding his index finger to his own lips in a shushing sign.

     The green-eyed Winchester nods, silently letting the angel know that he got the memo. Castiel then took the same finger and pointed to Nikkol. Dean's eyes softened as the corner of his lips quirked up into a smirk. His thoughts were similar to the angel's about her beauty, and how he's as lucky as he is to simply be in her presence, let alone see her looking so at ease. For once, he was in a calm, happy mood.

     Until he saw the exposed scar and was reminded of all the horrid burns and scars that marred her beautiful skin. Before he could get himself too worked up though, Nikkol stirred slightly, adjusting her head in a way so the hair that the angel had brushed aside was now covering the scar again. She nuzzled her cheek into Castiel's chest for a few more seconds before finally stilling once more.