- { Chapter 16 } -

When the group got back to the house they were bombarded with questions. Was Nikkol okay? Where did they find her? Who was the new man with them? All of which were ignored as the Winchesters, Gabriel, and Benny took Nikkol straight to her room. Isaac stayed back to answer the questions to the best of his abilities.

     It had been two hours since they got back and the Saltzman girl was still refusing to consume anything besides tea or blood. "Nikki, please... you have to eat something." Dean pleads with the brunette who was sitting in her bed, sketching with a light hand.

"I'm not hungry." She said for what seemed like the millionth time that day.

     The Winchesters look at each other before looking back at the girl. "Stop doing that." Castiel says as he places a hand on her's, preventing her from sketching.

"What?" She asks as she grips her pencil tighter underneath the angel's hand.

"You know what. Stop thinking you don't deserve things. You really think if she were here she'd want you to starve yourself out of guilt?" Sam says, making Nikkol frown.

"If she were here... she wouldn't understand shit." Nikkol whispers as she shoves Castiel's hand off of her own and resumes her artwork.

     Benny flinches at the venom-laced tone of his best friend's voice. Nikkol sighs as sees her friend's reaction before apologizing with a meek voice.. "I'm sorry."

"There's no need to apologize." Gabriel speaks up from behind Isaac and Benny.

     Nikkol's head shoots up, having not realized there was another person in the room. She furrows her brows as she looks at the man, feeling a certain sense of familiarity from him. Her eyes narrow as she racks her brain, looking to put a name to the face in front of her. "I know you..." She mumbles.

"You do." He confirms with a sympathetic smirk.

"...Gabriel?" She says, unsure of her own memory.

     The archangel nods in confirmation as he moves to sit on the edge of the bed next to her. "Do you remember the last time we saw each other?" He asks gently.

"... A year ago. Yesterday." She says.

"Ever since you were nine... you've prayed when you got too low, asking the same things. And every time-" Gabriel starts to rejog her memory only for her to cut him off.

"You respond."

"Your own personal guardian angel/therapist." He jokes, just as he's done since their second meet.

"I remember." She says, making him sigh in relief.

"Good. That'll save us ten minutes. Hopefully, this time we won't have to erase my face from your memory." Everyone looks between Nikkol and the angel in confusion as Gabriel holds his arms open.

     Nikkol accepts the offer of a hug, shocking Benny. "You two know each other?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. Like I said before, I'm kinda her guardian angel/therapist." Gabriel answers.

"Pretty sure Isaac and I woulda heard if Nikki had a godsend therapist." Benny says as he crosses his arms.

"You said you had to erase your face from her mind?" Castiel catches on.

"I was on the run. She knew. I didn't wanna take the risk of them finding her to get to me... it was her idea to have me wipe her after every visit." Gabriel explains.

"That true?" Sam asks Nikkol, who had resumed drawing.

     She gives a barely noticeable nod to verify Gabriel's words, not looking away from her sketch. The archangel looks over to the girl and notices the dazed look in her eyes as she draws. She's practically staring straight through the page. Her hand apparently has a mind of its own as it continues to lightly graze the parchment. Miniscule bits of graphite chip off of the pencil as she presses harder in certain places on the paper. "Nik? What're you drawing?" Dean places a hand on her shoulder.