- { Chapter 6 } -

It's been a few hours since I got the text. The Mikaelsons took Hope with them to their plantation in town. Lizzie, Josie and my dad are all in their rooms. My other family members are all in guest rooms. It's time to get ready.

     I slowly get out of bed, being careful not to wake Benny who's sleeping in the giant bean bag below my loft. Once I'm out of bed, I swiftly jump down from my loft without making a sound and head to my ensuite/closet space.

 Once I'm out of bed, I swiftly jump down from my loft without making a sound and head to my ensuite/closet space

     I walk into my closet, towards the area with my hampers. I move my biggest hamper over and pry up some floor boards, grabbing a big box. I grab everything out of the box before putting it back in the hole and fixing the boards and hamper. I walk over to my dresser and place the outfit down. I start to take my pajamas off and change into the outfit of my alter ego.

     I put on a black long sleeve turtleneck crop top. Then I put on some fishnet stockings and my black leather pants with gold zippers. I put on my lace-up combat boots and my black leather half-finger gloves. I quickly braid a few small sections of my hair and then put it up in a low messy bun. I put on my black, raggedy cloak that's torn at the bottom.

     I grab the last two items off of my dresser and walk into my bathroom, over to the vanity. I sit down in my chair and stare at myself in the mirror. I grab a hidden key off the back of my mirror and unlock one of my drawers, grabbing some black face paint. I grab a big sponge and put some water on the paint. I cover half of the sponge in the paint before smearing it around my eyes and the bridge of my nose in the shape of a mask.

     Once the paint has dried I put on some blood red lipstick and paint a black circle on my forehead, representing a full moon. Once that's dry I look at myself in the mirror again and close my eyes. When I open them, they're glowing gold and blue. I open my mouth to see that my fangs have come out. I close my eyes once again. When I open them everything is back to normal.

     I put on my black mask with dark red goggles that covers my whole face except for my forehead. I grab the last item from the box off of my vanity and hold it up in front of my face. I made this necklace myself when I was nine.

     It's a silver chain with a charm. The charm is a full moon with angel wings. It represents my alter ego. Nocte angelus is Latin for the nickname that my biological uncle, Kol, used to call me when I was with the Mikaelsons. Nocte angelus means Night Angel. I honestly have no idea why he called me that. I'm definitely not an angel.

     After staring at the necklace for a minute, I clasp it around my neck and stand up. I put the face paint and sponge back in the drawer and lock it again, putting the key back behind the mirror.

     I turn around and head out of the bathroom. I walk over to my desk and grab my bag. I grab several weapons from the bag and put them in different places on my body. I put throwing knives in my boots, a gun in the holster on my waist, a dagger in a pocket inside my cloak. Last but not least, my personal favorite. I put a snake bracelet on my right wrist. This bracelet is special. It may look like an ordinary bracelet that wraps around your arm, but it's actually a whip. If you slide the tail into your hand, the head will act as an actual snake and 'bite' anything it whips. I say that meaning that the teeth of the snake head will dig into flesh, or whatever other substance it hits. It leaves a nasty mark.