An Old Friend

*Michael's pov*

I walked with Eden down to meet up with the tour guide for the Grimeshade dorm. Yes there are different dorms for people, each dorm has a leader that leads each dorm through events that happens in the middle of the school year. The three most known dorms are Grimeshade, Divinus Magia, and the Protectors.

The last one and it's actually a recent addition to the dorms since the wandering coins dorms was burned down few years pryor. It's a new place so I doubt anyone is going to be in there or at at least a lot of people that is.

I felt Eden's hand on me and I looked at him. He's never been the same kind older brother that I knew when I was five, but he cares a lot even if some people say he rubs off cold.

As we walked I saw another group gathering together. Another group means different dorms. So basically friends but at the same time rivels.

"That's Divinus Magia. You can tell because that's their leader Miss P." Eden said pointing at the lady with a cup of tea and and parrot on her shoulders.

"Noted." I said before paying attention to the tour.

I've been in this university for four years now. All through highschool and now I'm in collage which means. Dorms. Not my favorite but at least I know my dorm mate is Eden. He knows because people past first year in college get heads up about it.

I took a deep breath and continued to walk. We soon came to the dorm and we met up with our leader. Allumos and his partner Pat.

Awesome let's see what this year holds.

*Devin's pov*

As the tour went on I began to familiarize myself with some of the faces around. When the tour was over we had an hour left. They told us to spend this hour getting to know each other because I'll be spending 4 years with these people.

I made my way to the couch and sat down. Everyone except a few seemed like they wanted to go home but we still had an hour here. A few of them after about I'd say 5-10 minutes settled down as well and just scrolled through their phones a bit.

I just closed my eyes and rested for a bit, there wasn't much to do and I didn't feel like scrolling through my phone.

I felt someone poke my cheek so I opened one eye and saw a man with a half opened shirt and black hair that went to white at the end. He was standing in front of me.

"Oh good you are alive hey ya mind if we sit here?" He asked

"Sure I don't mind." I said

"Awesome, hey Raindrop we can sit right here." The man said to someone and they came over.

I stared at them and when they looked at me they stopped and stared back. I blinked a couple of time to remember and I remembered correctly.

"Devin?" He said slowly.

"Boat?" I asked and his eyes widened.

"Oh my gods it is you it's been two years!" Boat said and I got up and hugged him.

"I know I didn't know when I'd see you again!" I said happily.

"You two know each other?" The other guy said

"Ya David this is Devin. An old friend I met a long while back." Boat said

"Oh well nice to meet you Devin the names David." David said holding out his hand.

"It's nice meeting you." I said back shaking his hand with a slight grip.

"Oh you got a tight grip, I like that." David said smiling.

"So I guess we'll be spending the next few years together." I said

"Ya which will be nice actually. I wasn't sure if there was going to be anyone I knew here because you know I never really made many friends." I said.

"Ya also how are you doing with, you know." Boat said I know he's concerned he actually came across me one time after my dad was to drunk and had hit me with a bottle. Boat healed me that night.

"It's...ok not the best but you know, Lisa has been able to calm his temper so it's a bit easier." I said and Boat sighed

"That's good." He said

"So house hold issues? Trust me I know my father was a shit bag but he's passed away now." David said

"Oh how'd be pass away?" I asked

"Natural causes aka a car crash brutal one at that. Never dropped a tear." David said proudly.

"I see both of you have something in common then." Boat said

"Wait is your dad dead too?" David asked

"I wish. He's a umm how should I put it without... Well he's also a shit bag let's just put it that way." I said

"Ah well I can see you and me getting along." David said and I nodded.

We chatted for the rest of the time which I think wasn't enough especially if I was making a new friend. Miss P our dorm leader came over an announced that everyone could go home. I got up and walked over to Miss P.

"Umm Miss P is it ok if I say a little longer with the friends for a bit I wanna catch up with a few things before I head back home." I asked her and she looked and me and chuckled.

"Sure thing just know that the second years are going to be coming in in like... 15-20 minutes so unless you want to meet second years I'd say that's the time limit." Miss P said and I nodded

"Thank you." I said bowing my head before going back over to Boat and David.

"I don't like her. She doesn't like me for some reason." David said being a grouch.

"Why's that?" I asked

"Miss P a couple of time during the tour took the walking stick she has and purposely gently whacked David." Boat said and David grumbled a bit.

"Ouch." I said chuckling.

We spent the next 15 minutes talking before a girl came in with her bags. She looked tired and looked up.

"Ok I'm here I made it. Hi Miss Prenderghast." She said

"Oh hello Kit nice to see you here early." Miss P said

"Wait I'm early?...I'm early! Omg yes! A new year a new beginning." Kit said

"Yes. Looks like you have quite a few bags need help?" Miss P asked

"Umm sure I wouldn't mind." Kit said

Miss P was about to come over and help but I got up and grabbed a bag and lifted it.

"I'll help out." I said

"O-oh thank you." Kit said

"Can we help out as well?" Boat asked and Kit blinked at us before nodding.

"Aww first years and second years getting long together already that's nice." Miss P said as we walked.

"Alright my dorm room is over here. Thanks, also my name's Kit what are your guy's names."

"My name's Devin it's nice meeting you."

"I'm Lucas but some people call me Boat."

"I'm David."

"Nice to meet you guys, and again thanks for the help." Kit said

He helped Kit get her stuff to her room and we said bye leaving the dorms. As we walked my phone buzzed and I looked down and looked at the time. My heart sunk a bit. My phone then rang and Boat and David looked at me and I gave a nervous chuckle.

"Don't tell me it's him." Boat said

"...it's him. Sorry I...I have to go bye I'll see you guys at school." I said answering the phone as I imagined a motorcycle. I got on and drove off, I know I'm going to get a huge punch when I get home.