Brothers and Recovery

*Michael's pov*

Do you know how frustrating it is knowing that you were recently with the person who is now in a hospital bed. The ideas of if I had just stayed longer, its lingers in a haunting way to the point it's either guilt of frustration that you feel.

Ya no that's me and Eden right now. Ritchie's currently with Devin but Eden has created and destroyed at least over 37 punching sand bags. Ya our floors a mess but it's not going to stay a mess because when Eden calms down he'll clean it up.

I myself am a bit calmer then Eden, but the pacing is making the worry I feel even heavier. I don't know how I'm not even in the room joining Eden in a way. I sighed as a sat on my bed and looked at the ceiling.

Time seems to be moving so slow yet at the same time so fast. I looked at the ground and sighed, at least we know that the idiot will most like have an execution. We probably can't watch but knowing he's good as dead with all the crimes he's committed.

It's relieving to know to say the least. I waits ed a while longer before Eden came in his hands hand some blood on them and tossed me some bandages before sitting down.

"Calmer now?" I asked as I took one of hands and started wrapping it up.

"I want to see Devin." Eden said

"I know but we aren't allowed to see him at the moment." I said

"......." Eden was quite as I finished wrapping up his hands.

" We can go and ask Lo'pho if we can see him." I said

"Alright." Eden said and I got up.

"Let's go then." I said and me and Eden left the house heading to the nurses office

When we got there we were greeted by a nurse and she let us in. We walked to where Ritchie was and he naturally hasn't moved from his spot.

Devin's heart monitor beeped reassuring me and Eden that he was still with us. Sure drastic to think about but you have to understand our worry as well.

"I'm sorry." Ritchie said opening his eyes to look at us.

"No need to be sorry he was clearly waiting for us to leave so that Devin was alone." I said

"But if I hadn't-" Ritchie started

"Hey" Eden walked over and grabbed Ritchie which I think is unnecessary.

"We where with him moments before don't think this is your fault so stop being an emotional baby about it and actually care about making sure Devin is ok going forward." Eden said before dropping Ritchie.

Ritchie looked shocked as Eden turned away and pulled out a hoodie and put it on covering his face to avoid us seeing the tears in his eyes.

"Right." Ritchie said getting up.

There was silence for a while while Eden calmed down.

"Thank you." Eden said

"Huh?" Ritchie said looking at us.

"You got there before we could... You ensured that Devin wasn't killed right then and there before he could even get the help needed." Eden said

"...thank Lucas. He's the one who tried to call me numerous times to tell me. Had to call my brother and yell at me." Ritchie said

"That's still faster then us. We both had our phones off." I said

"Hmm." Ritchie looked at Devin and I smiled.

It was a while later that Devin coughed and we all looked over at him as he opened his eyes and looked around at us.

"... Michael, Eden, Ritchie." Devin said and I smiled before hugging him.

"I'm so glad your ok." I said and Devin chuckled before coughing.

Ritchie sat him up and Devin removed the breathing mask so that he could get a drink if water.

"How are you feeling bud?" I asked

"...could be better." Devin said with a smile

"Glad you still got a bit of humor after that entire thing." Eden said

"I had time to process while they unfroze my body." Devin said

"That's good." I said

"... Devin?" Ritchie asked and Devin looked at him.

"Thank you, and I'm sorry for worrying you guys. I could have just knocked him out but..." Devin trailed off.

"You were scared of him. I can understand that you had to live with him all your life. It's reflective behavior." I said

"Ya..." Devin said adjusting his breathing mask.

"At least you are alive and will get better." Eden said

"Thanks." Devin said before a nurse came in and shooed us out of the room to do a check up on Devin.

I smiled at Eden feeling reassured. We talked with Ritchie for a while longer before we were allowed back in the room but me and Eden had a mess to clean up so we said bye to Ritchie before leaving.

Me and Eden showed up at Devin's dorm and looked at the mess. We went inside and started to clean up the place. We started the fire pit we cleaned the water and little blood which Eden clearly wasn't happy to see.

It took a while to clean up the burnt spot that Ritchie probably shocked our "father" at.

We also had to completely replace the door but that was ok because we changed the door to Devin's favorite color. I smiled as we left closing the door of Devin's and Ritchie's dorm.

"Well at least it'll be welcoming as long as Ritchie doesn't trash it first." Eden said

"Ha ha. Ritchie wouldn't do that and if he did I'll make sure he spends time in the shadows." I said

"I'd love to see that.