Happy Lies and Painful Thoughts

*David's pov*

Devin passed out and Polly caught him before they could even touch the ground. Me, Lucas, and Kit all ran down to the stadium to check up on him.

"Devin!" Raindrops yelled reaching Devin.

"Don't worry he just used to much magic. He probably doesn't know how to control the amount of magic he uses." Polly said letting raindrops take Devin.

"Well then with that conclusion you all are dismissed I hope you enjoy the rest of your day." The crazy old bat said and we all went to my dorm which Mario was also living in.

"So guys meet pebbles he's my dorm mate so ya." I said.

"My name's not pebbles!" Pebbles yelled

"Ya ya ya." I said

"Hey let's try to get along with each other ok? Ya? Kit said and Lucas sighed.

"I'm putting Devin on the couch." Raindrops said

"So let me get this straight he has a lost magic?" Pebbles asked

"That's what he said were you not listening?" I asked

"Shut up David." Pebbles said

"Ok I will say this much Devin's good at his magic, but he's not good at how much he uses. I've known this for a while. I really should have told him to hold back a little." Raindrop said

"I'm going to assume you guys knew each other ahead of time."Pebbles asked

"Ya I met Devin two years ago." Raindrop said.

"Wait something I wanted to ask how did you guys meet?" Kit asked

"Well it's actually a really funny way to meet, but me and Devin were both at a park and well he got stung by a bee because he was picking some flowers and so I just decided to come over and help out my using my abilities to get the toxins out." Raindrops said

"Is that really how you guys met?" Pebbles asked

"I'm not lying It's a funny way of meeting. The second time we met umm well it's a bit more complicated and it's not for me to tell." Raindrop said

"He mentioned his father being shit I'm going to assume it's because of that." I said

"Ya but change of subject, Mario your magics really cool." Raindrop said

"You think so?" Pebbles asked

"I mean ya. Your the first earth dragon slayer I have met." Kit said and raindrop gave a nod while also giving his usual, hm.

I rolled my eyes before going into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water and sighed. It was about 15 minutes before Devin shot up from his spot on the couch and looked around worried.

"What time is it?" He asked

"Almost noon why?" Raindrop said and Devin bolted out the door with no explanation. He was running at like top speed. Makes me wonder if he did a lot of running as a kid.

"What was that about?" Pebbles asked

"I have an idea but...I don't think anyone is going to like it." Raindrop said

"Well don't leave us in the dark what is it." I asked

"I cannot say." Raindrop said and that pissed me.

"What do you mean!" I yelled

"I mean I can't tell you because a) it's privet and b) I made a promise and I'm not going to break it for his safety." Raindrop said stareing me dead in the eyes.

"...I'm sorry." I said and Boat nodded.

"It's fine." He said

"I guess we'll see him tomorrow?" Kit asked

"Ya probably, but don't be surprised if he tries to distance himself. He's got family issues that not even I've been able to just sit down and he'll tell me about it." Raindrop said before getting up.

"Well I have to get back to my dorm I'll see you guys tomorrow." Raindrop said getting up and we all waved bye. Kit left not long after so now I'm alone with Pebbles. Great.

*Devin's pov*

I was tired when I got to my dorm and ran upstairs and grabbed my bag and I was about to leave when Ritchie zapped in front of the door.

"Where the hell are you going?" He asked

"Move I don't have time for this." I said getting closer to him.

"Why should I?" He asked so I just imagined him in a tall box and ran past him. I heard him yell at me but I just kept running.

I ran until I got to my house I was out of breath but I sucked up and slowly opened the door. I kept my breathing down to a normal breathing which made my chest burn so much. It wanted air but I was limiting it.

I saw my dad with friends and when he saw me he glared. I knew that glare it said that I was going to regret not coming home sooner. I put my bag down and went into the kitchen and Lisa greeted me. She knew what was going to happen and she tried to convince me to leave, but I didn't leave. It was either me or her and I'm not going to risk her getting hurt, I know she's slowly falling out of love because I know she has divorcement papers hidden away.

Now why I came in a rush is because there's a family that my shit of a father is friends with and apparently I'm the only reason why they are still remaining friends. Now I could just not show up but then he takes his anger out on Lisa and out of everyone he could take his anger out on she's the last person I want getting hurt.

"Devin there you are!" My dad called in a fake happy tone.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late to come home you know school started up again and today was special because we got guild rankings!" I said pulling up a chair.

I saw someone new at the house and I looked at them.

"Oh them their my new assistant. Introduce yourself no need to be shy." The man who my dad likes keeping in contact with said.

"My name's Hana it's a pleasure to meet you Devin." Hana said holding out a hand which I smiled and shook. She gave off a aura that said it's ok just like Lisa but less worried.

"So you said you where getting guild rankings right?"

"Yup." I said

"So what did you get?" My dad asked

"I actually don't know I passed out before I could find out. I guess I went a little overboard but it was a lot of fun. Got to dress up a few people." I said chuckling.

"May I ask what your magic is?" Hana asked

"Arc of Embodiment, Imagination magic you could say." I said and Hana's eyes grew wide before she went back to looking normal.

"That's very cool." She said

"Yup!" I said

It was another hour before Hana and Mr Luca the man my dad found of left. My heart sunk as I watched them leave, as I felt a hand on my shoulder, as I watched the door be closed with my dad looming over me.

"I hope you realize that you almost ruined my relationship with him." He said and I nodded.

"The reason why I ran all the way here as soon as I could." I said nervously.

"Brat." My dad said before I got a glass bottle right on the side of my head. I hit the wall with great force and I could hear ringing in my left ear as I felt glass supper close to my eye. I imagined a covering over my eye so that when I moved nothing would happen and of course my dad grabbed me and dragged me into the living room dropping me and was about to kick when Lisa intervened.

"Please stop he was just tried you know he's not excellent at his magic he's trying to make sure he doesn't do anything bad please stop." Lisa begged I could see it the love she once had for my dad leaving I know she's becoming heartbroken but I can't do a thing. Just makes me wonder.

Would it have been better if I wasn't alive?