Reassured Heart

*Brandon's pov*

I sighed as I got to the arena. Ritchie had stopped his discharge and was leaning against the wall hiding his face. He must feel so bad for not ensuring Devin's safety but he has to realize that it's not his fault that Devin got injured, it would have happened regardless he was there or not expecting that maybe less damage would have been done.

I slowly walked to Ritchie and sat down next to him and gently put my arm around him pulling him close to me.

"I could have been there." Ritchie mumbled.

"Mom and dad have bad timing it's not your fault." I said and Ritchie slowly looked at me.

"I have good news." I said and Ritchie raised an eyebrow.

"Really?" He asked

"Ya. Devin is recovering nicely. He's currently just asleep but he'll be ok physically. Mentally we'll have to see what happens this will probably affect him a lot later in life but I'm sure you can help out seeing are you are the blurred person he saw save him." I said

"...he's going to be ok." Ritchie said and I nodded.

"Come on let's go see if we can see him." I said and both stood up and started walking.

As we got to the school Ritchie picked up his pace into a run and I let him go. I watched him run twords the school and I met back up with Lucas. I looked at him and smiled.

"What's got you happy?" Lucas asked and I hugged him.

"Ritchie. I know I should be worried but the idea that Ritchie might have found someone that he can have forever is a nice idea." I said and Lucas hugged back.

"You know that's the same for you right?" Lucas said

"I know but it satisfy to say the least when you see a sibling find a love." I said and Lucas nodded.

"Understandable."

*Ritchie's pov*

I ran to the nurses office but as I got to the door I slowed down. I took a deep breath and slowly reached my hand up gently taking the handle and pulled it open.

I looked inside and saw a closed curtain around a bed probably were Devin is and I looked around and saw Miss P, Polly, Lo'pho, and Bryan.

"Ritchie." Miss P said and I looked at her.

"He over there." Miss P said pointing to the curtains.

"Thank you." I said making my way over.

I got there and stopped before slowly opening the curtains to see Devin with a breathing mask and an IV attached in his arm. He had some bandages but not a lot.

"A lot of his injuries were internal. Lo'pho helped with healing those up so there wouldn't be problems." Bryan said and I looked over to see him pulling up two chairs.

He sat down in one and I sat down in the other. I listened as the heart monitor beeped and Bryan just sat there in silence. Comforting to say the least which is probably his intentions.

"Hey Bryan did Devin ever wake up during the whole thing?" I asked and Bryan nodded.

"His first worry was his dad who we know you zapped to the point of handy caping him." Bryan said and I lightly chuckled.

"Ya I enjoyed watching the police drag his body to the car and he just lumply groaned." I said and Bryan snorted

"Lumply groaned?" Bryan said

"Ya couldn't do a single thing." I said looked back at Devin.

"If mom and dad just didn't have that stupid..." I trailed off.

"Devin will be ok. I was there the entire time he had to be I geuss defrosted." Bryan said and I looked at him.

"Ya that's how you would put it." I said and Bryan nodded

"Also they said that he might be more spacey then usual because the frost got his head and his chest pretty hard along with his legs." Bryan said

"I'll support him as long needed." I said

"You two make a great couple." Bryan said and I felt my face heat up.

"Well...I...hm." I didn't continue.

"It's ok it takes a while for people to admit their a couple. Me and Jakey we're the same." Bryan said and I sighed.

"...thank you Bryan for helping out. I know it must have been sudden but I really do appreciate it." I said as I gently reached over and gently took Devin's open hand.

"It's ok. Plus I think this event helped me build up more confidence in my control and working of my magic it's helped with settling my insecurities." Bryan said and I nodded.

"Understandable." I said and we just remained silent after that. I rubbed circles on Devin's hand to reassure him I was here for him and Bryan left after about half and hour.

I'll be right here when you wake up