Hopeful Brothers

*Eden's pov*

I sighed as we got out of the car. Hana our adoptive mom had to take me and Michael to get medical shots today and unlike Michael I don't like the needles.

I flopped onto the couch and Michael sat down when I moved my legs a bit before placing them on his lap.

"Oh come on Eden it's not that bad." Michael said

"You can say that but unlike you I don't like the needles. I can stand them I just don't like how it just suddenly pricks you." I said

"Ya ya ya." Michael said before Mom sat down.

"Hey boys I have some interesting new for you." She said with a smile.

"Ok and what would that be?" I asked

"Devin." She said and both me and Michael both shot out heads her direction. I sat up in a quick motion.

"Wait Devin? What do you mean Devin." Michael asked

"He's alive. I know where he lives and that man still alive and with another woman." Mom said and we looked at each other and smiled.

"Devin. No doubt about it then. It has to be him, he has to be in the Divinus Magia dorm there is no other explanation." Michael said and I nodded.

"I swear I'm going to kill that man." I said

"I would too but you know we can't." Michael said.

"Devin recently went through rankings and I have another meeting with my boss to see him about business stuff. I'm hoping that Devin won't show up." Mom said

"Why do you say that?" I asked

"Because from what I can tell from conversations and how quickly Devin showed up at the house from being at the school. Devin's the only reason my boss in tolerating that man." Mom said and we and Eden looked at each other.

"Find Devin at school on that day. He'll forget to go and we can be with him again!" Michael said

"Ya if we find him in time. That school's big and as far as I know from role calls Devin hasn't been mentioned in any of my classes." I said

"You a year above him of course not, but you do bring up a point I don't have him in my classes either." Michael said

I stayed silent and Michael looked down. Mom put her hands on our shoulders and we both looked at her as she smiled.

"How about you talk to the leader of Divinus Magia and ask for Devin's dorm and a hour before I go to the meeting and see what you can do then already." Mom said and me and Michael looked at each other and we smiled and nodded.

Mom had us stay at the house for the rest of the day and she drove us to school the next day. We had our guild ranking and Michael is awesome. He got S rank and I'm proud of that. I'm SS class but I'd just say I'm S class.

Now it's not usual to get an S rank at the beginning of the school year it's more C, D, and A ranks but Michael is my brother so of course I trained him a bit and now he's S class.

Michael was tired from all that and he was about to go to the dorm when I grabbed him and ran to a very familiar person. Miss P.

"Miss P!" I yelled and she looked at me from looking at two other. I recognize them as Ritchie and Brandon. We don't have the best relationship.

"Oh Eden and... who's this?" Miss P asked as she dismissed Brandon and Ritchie.

"Oh my younger brother Michael. I was actually cerous do you have anyone that goes by the name of Devin in your dorms?" I asked and Miss P nodded.

"Yes I do. I was just telling Ritchie that when he see Devin at his dorm tell him the rank he got. They share a dorm after all." Miss P said and Michael just froze in place.

"I...thank you well that's all. I'll see ya another time Miss P. Thank you" I said before grabbing Michael and walked off. When we got far enough away Michael started crying. I'm not blaming him I was going to cry myself.

Devin's alive and he's within grasp so close it's emotional. I picked up Michael and carried him to the dorm and as soon as I closed the door I smiled.

"I know where Ritchie's dorm is. We just have to make sure to get there an hour before Hana I mean mom need to leave." I said hugging Michael happily.

"He feels so close yet so far away at the same time." Michael said looking twords the side with his teary eyes.

"I know. I know." I said patting my little baby brother on his back.

"I'm going to my room." Michael said and I nodded pulling out my phone messaging Mom saying we know where Devin is. God this feels like a whole operation but then again it kinda is.

*Ritchie's pov*

I sighed as I walked back to my dorm. I opened the door to get hit with the smell of something good being cooked so I walked over to the kitchen to see Devin cooking something. I watched him entranced by the way he moved around the kitchen. It was pretty, wait what the hell am I thinking this guy's has literally been my roommate for almost three weeks. Yes time has flown by and it amazes me sometimes.

"Are you going to stand there or what?" Devin said and I looked at him.

I could proudly say he stood a tiny bit above my chin but I was still taller which is amusing to say the least.

"What are you cooking?" I asked entering the kitchen to see what he was making.

"Cooked Fennel, and making a pork." Devin and I could feel a slight glare from him. Still adorable, no! No shut it.

"Nice anyways Miss P told me to tell you that you got S rank. Congrats your magics pretty good." I said turning around to exist the kitchen but I only tripped and accidentally feel on Devin.

"Wha-." Devin said as he slammed my hands down before our foreheads crashed. Devin stared at me before looking away and I saw something interesting. I little red line. I would ask but I got shoved off by Devin I'm assuming a magic clone of sorts and Devin got up and worked on food again still not showing me his face which doesn't have bandages anymore.

"Dinner will be ready shortly. Clear off the table or if you like eating in your room just grab a plate. Also pull one down for me." Devin said and I nodded before grabbing the plates.

Alright alright he's cute.