Frosty Neardeath

*Devin's pov*

Eden and Michael are protective. I can understand why, but still they didn't have to lecture Ritchie when we got back from the quadruple date.

I smiled as I remembered yesterday's events as I cooked lunch for myself. Ritchie and Brandon had to go see their parents and explain things with Flurry and themselves because they all are dating people that they like which my face heats up a bit just thinking of Ritchie when I saw him in just a towel fresh from the showers.

I finished cooking and I pulled down a plate and put my good on it walking to the table and sat down. I began to eat and after I ate I heard the dorm door open. I smiled assuming it was Ritchie.

"Hey Ritchie ya back?" I asked walking into the kitchen and I set my plate down before I realized something. He didn't respond and I heard the crunch of not normal footsteps as the room got suddenly colder.

I turned to face the entrance of the kitchen and my heart sunk as my breath got shaky and slowly the air around me go so cold that I could see my breath.

"Hello Devin. Miss me?" My dad asked as his hand made frost form on the walls.

"What-" I said but he took a set forward ice crunched under his food and I stepped back. I quickly made a dash slipping past my dad and ran out of the kitchen and I ran to the front door and I slipped and fell as I tried to stop. The door it was frozen shut and I  looked behind me as my dad came out of the kitchen.

I tried to get up but I realized that my feet had become frosted over. I imagined a torch and I held it down melting the frost as adrenaline ran through my veins.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and my heart dropped as my body began to shake and I looked up to my dad's malice filled face. I have never felt this scare of him in my entire life. He raised the knife he got from the kitchen and stabbed it right into my shoulder and I screamed which must have alerted someone especially if the temperatures have dropped.

"I'll make this slow." He said as I felt so cold. He grabbed me and snuffed out the torch as his magic spread to the rest of the dorm and ice shards formed on the ceiling.

He picked me up and threw me into the couch shoving it into the coffee table and I felt my body growing ever colder by the second.

My shakey hand reached up and grabbed the knife and pulled it out tossing it and I thought of a sword and I held it but my hands soon dropped it as it disappeared and I looked down to see that my hands started turning red from the cold.

I looked up in terror before hearing a buzz and I looked on the ground to see my phone. I quickly dashed forward and saw that it was David I answered and turned it on speaker.

"Hey Devin!" David said

"Help!" I yelled before my dad grabbed me and he growled shoving me into the wall his hand grew colder as he held me to the wall by the shirt and he put his hand on my chest starting to freeze it over rand my blood slowed down and so did my breathing.

"Devin? Hey Devin wait why help!?" David yelled

"Help me." I managed to say just loud enough before I got dropped and my dad picked up the phone.

"Devin's not available." He said before hanging up and he froze my phone.

"Now then. Let's finish this." My dad said as he came to me and grabbed my head and his hands once again got cold but I knew he was freezing my body all over. My legs couldn't move and they felt numb go the point I question that I even have legs. My arm couldn't move and I felt my breathing get scares.

He stopped just as my vision blurred. He kicked me and I slammed into something. I saw my blood on the icy ground as I saw him coming closer before I saw some flashes of blue.

There was a fight. A fight of blue and black. My vision slowly faded and I felt for the nice moment a warm hand on my face and my name being called.

I almost closed my eyes but the sudden movement made them open again as I looked up at a flesh color and blue and it took me a long while and I managed to croak out a word.

"Ritchie?"

*Ritchie's pov*

I was home when my brother got a call from Lucas and he didn't answer but his phone continued to buzz as text messages went through and the phone rang again.

"Sorry I need to take this." Brandon said as he got up but stopped when he answered. He walked to me and handed me the phone.

"It's Devin." He said and took the phone.

"Hello?-" I said getting cut off

"GET YOUR ASS INTO YOUR DORM RIGHT NOW DEVIN'S IN TROUBLE AND WE CANT GET IN BECAUSE THE DOOR IS FUCKING FROZEN SHUT!" Lucas yelled and my heart sunk.

I dropped the phone and despite my parents yelling at me I walked away until my dad called to me hit tone not friendly.

"I don't care father, BECAUSE RIGHT NOW I NEED TO GET BACK TO MY DORM TO SAVE THE PERSON I LOVE!" I yelled blinking away.

I blinked into my dorm and it was cold as heck. I looked up and anger filled my very lungs.

That man was standing there turning to me as Devin played on the ground clearly some parts of him frozen such as his legs and his blood laid on the ground. I charged and smashed my fist into the guys face sending him into the wall before I charged up my hands and grabbed his head and put my hand on his chest right were the heart is supposed to me and I sent so many lightning shocks through his entire body.

He was steaming when I was done and I quickly ran to Devin yelling his name and he was slowly closing his eyes. He quickly picked him up and ran to the door and smashed it down to see Lucas, David, and Mario.

"Get Kit and Miss P and see if you can find Bryan. We are going to need something very warm but not hot to help Devin!" I yelled and they nodded and ran.

I ran to the nurses office holding Devin close. His body was so cold and I slowed down and looked at Devin when he said.

"Ritchie?" He said and I smiled

"Ya it's me. Hold on." I said before running again

Please hold on. I promise you'll be ok.