III; beneath the night-sky

| YEAR 3; CHAPTER TWELVE |BENEATH THE NIGHT-SKY

BENEATH THE NIGHT-SKY

[ a/n: Sorry for the long chapter ahead, everyone! I couldn't find a good place to break it off, so you guys will just have to sit through this 6k+ mess... (,: 
With that said, enjoy, and don't forget to vote and, or comment!  ]

     THE EVENING WAS BOTH LONG AND SHORT, though the sun was now gradually setting and azure and crimson clashed vibrantly above the horizon.

As he glanced down the grassy slope, Edwyn took a moment to observe the land around the home of Hogwarts' infamous gamekeeper. For a brief moment, he wondered if such a small hut was even large enough to provide a proper living space for the half-giant. Though, he quickly dismissed the thought once he caught sight of three familiar third-year Gryffindors jogging down the small stone slabs towards that very hut.

He should have known that those three would be here. The trio and the half-giant were thick as thieves from what he understood, and both Harry and Hermione were far too compassionate for their own good. Likely, the two decided to console Hagrid, and of course Weasley would follow out of some strange of trust or loyalty.

Whoever decided to place those three together, seemed to derive a sadistic sort of pleasure from the headaches and chronic stress that presented themselves during whatever form of havoc those damned idiots decided to entangle themselves into every year.

They were speaking about something, something serious by the looks of it, though he couldn't discern what they were saying from this far away. They knocked on Hagrid's door, and he watched as they were ushered in warmly by the half-giant. Even from here, Edwyn could see the mournful demeanor lingering over the man's expression, and he felt a twinge of sympathy arise in him for the man.

He waited a few more moments before pulling his satchel closer to his side. Hermes was still resting inside, though he had also put a small bag of fish inside one of the compartments, and he could only hope his spellwork will ward off that mischievous gremlin from getting into his borrowed stock.

Luna gave him the small portion of her supply without hesitation. The lack of questions from her end did give him pause, though he didn't have time to speak to her in length. Just the thought of her made him smile, until he grew cognizant of the jarring stretch of time that has passed since he last spoke to her outside of passing periods and breaks.

"Alright, guys, coast is clear."

Both of his friends turned his way, their conversation cut short, though before he could say anything more, Theo raised his right eyebrow, crossing his arms over his chest in the usual way he did when he was feeling contrary.

"You sure that a bit of fish is going to be enough to get that thing to follow us?"

He hummed, nodding in confirmation. "It works just fine with Thestrals when Luna uses them. Besides, it'll make it easier to move him away from the grounds." He eyed his friends with an unimpressed glower when they looked to each other with dubious glances. A sigh escaped his lips before he said, "You can say whatever you like about her, but keep it. To yourselves." He glared at them until they finally grew the integrity to look sheepish and nodded glumly.