IV; run, rabbit

| YEAR 4; CHAPTER FIVE |RUN,  RABBIT

RUN,  RABBIT

     Things were falling apart, and there was very little he could do to change the matter. His injury wasn't meant to change anything. Even that thin hope shriveled to nonexistence after the initial month. His performance in Potion's has diminished greatly due to his recent handicap, and he was almost certain that it was beginning to grate on Snape's nerves with. It was certainly grating on his.

He tried hard not to dwell on it, he really did. 

Listening to Professor Moody's ramblings had slowly worn him thin, and what once was a relatively engaging class became something monotonous and strangely ill-boding. He couldn't help the odd shiver whenever the old wizard would glance his way. Moody was suspicious of him. Of what, he couldn't quite say, and Edwyn could find no reason behind the unsettling attention the defense professor had on him. Ever since the man had demonstrated the Unforgivable Curses in class, an unsettling feeling had settled in his gut whenever he thought about Moody.

"Belmonte. What are the applications of the Blasting curse?"

Edwyn clenched his fist, ignoring Theo's concerned glance to look up at Moody's scarred face. "The curse causes anything it comes in contact with to explode. It was speculated to be behind the series of twelve muggleborn murders during the second war."

Moody gave an acknowledging grumble, breaking eye contact. "So you have been listening after all." Then he spoke to the class. "There are three options when you face an enemy in battle. Retreat and call for backup, face the enemy head-on, or wait until backup arrives."

There he goes. Once again speaking of situational battles and actions that seemed more absurd the longer the class went on. 

"In the case that negotiations fall flat and you find yourself in the midst of enemy lines..."

Then someone raised their hand. 

Moody paused, staring coldly. "Greengrass."

"Excuse my forwardness, professor. However, I would like to know just how likely any of these situations would be in battle. The majority of what you have just spoken seems incredibly farfetched."

The professor grunted in acknowledgement. "War leads opposing sides to make risky decisions. Many of which, happen to be situations that I have mentioned in this class. I would think twice before considering any idea as nonsensical, Greengrass. Any more questions?"

Another hand. A Gryffindor. 

"Were any of those risks successful?"

Moody inclined his head. "Some," he admitted. "Far more than there should have been. Who here has heard of the name Rufus Scrimgeour?"

Edwyn looked up once more at that. Moody was staring at him again. 

"Isn't Rufus Scrimgeour the current head of the Auror department?"