I; quidditch and new acquaintances

| YEAR 1; CHAPTER FIVE |
QUIDDITCH AND NEW ACQUAINTANCES

     EDWYN SIGHED SOFTLY. He placed on a warm pair of gloves over his hands and a wool scarf around his neck to prepare for the chilly temperatures outside. It was finally time for the well-anticipated quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor. While Edwyn did not take pleasure in watching such games like the rest of his peers, he inevitably cracked after Draco's insistent whining. The boy could be quite persistent when he set his mind to it. Though, he wasn't all too sure what to expect from the match. While reading was quite informative on the matter, it was nothing compared to the real deal.

He caught up with Draco and the rest of their merry little band, all of them finding a comfortable spot on the stands that allowed for an adequate view of the playing field.

"Potter is in for a surprise. There's no way we're losing this match!" Draco's confidence was always astounding to Edwyn. The boy, no matter what happened to him, remained as proud and dignified as a monarch.

"Only time will tell," Blaise said, his calm voice still steady despite the sanguine expression plastered on his face.

Pansy scoffed, "The chance that Potter will beat Higgs is practically zero."

Edwyn listened to their conversation half-heartedly as he watched the two teams make their way onto the field. Watching Potter carefully and taking note of the boy's nervous demeanour. At least the boy had enough sense in him not to be arrogant.

The game started slowly, and Gryffindor was in the lead by twenty points before Slytherin began upping their performance and playing dirtier. Edwyn couldn't complain, though, it was his house gaining the lead after all. He found that he couldn't get as invested in the game as his companions, and the crowdedness of the stalls was starting to weigh on him, the loudness of Slytherin's cheers and Gryffindor's angered jeers were beginning to make his head spin. Edwyn mentally berated himself for agreeing to come here in the first place.

His attention was diverted from his straying thoughts when Potter and Higgs both began shooting through the air, obviously catching sight of the snitch. The two manoeuvred through the field, ramming into each other rather violently as they each tried to dissuade the other. A small glimmer of gold jolted downwards and the two Seekers plummeted down in its trail, desperate to win for their team. At a few feet from the ground, Higgs faltered, and with fear etched on his face, he stopped in his tracks, flying back up in the air to cut Potter off from the side. Potter, on the other hand, continued to fly downwards. 

Edwyn was completely bewildered at the boy's actions, expecting him to come crashing to the ground, but instead, he was contradicted by the boy skillfully levelling out his broom. Edwyn could hear the alarm bells blaring in his mind as he watched Potter stand on his broom—walking slowly to the snitch, arm outstretched.

The broom must have connected with the ground because Potter went flying through the air, landing roughly on the ground. The boy looked ready to vomit when he belched out a familiar golden object into his hands.

"POTTER HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH. GRYFFINDOR WINS!" The commentator cheerily shouted out. All of the houses, save for Slytherin, standing and cheering loudly into the air. The teachers clapped politely at the results of the game. Even Edwyn admitted to himself that the game was well played. He kept his thoughts to himself, noticing the glum, dejected looks on the Slytherin students.

"It's always bloody Potter!" Draco said as they walked to their dorm rooms, "Potter this, Potter that. What makes him so special? All because he did something when he was a baby!"

Pansy nodded vehemently in agreement, "Honestly! You'd think that they'd be over it by now!"

Blaise looked at them both, "Well... Snape did mention the House prejudices at the beginning of the year."