II; duels and snakes

| YEAR 2; CHAPTER THREE |
DUELS AND SNAKES

     THE PETRIFICATIONS WERE TERRIFYING. Although they didn't help in the least with the pre-existing paranoia toward the Slytherin house, and most students cast a suspicious eye towards any Slytherin that they saw. It seems they were in for a difficult year.

When Professor Lockhart had established a duelling club, Draco had hauled him and Blaise along with him so they could see the absolute chaos that would ensue.

Edwyn wasn't all too sure what to expect from the man, Lockhart was clearly incapable of even taking care of pixies, and he very much doubted that the man would be able to teach them anything about proper duelling techniques. However, when Professor Snape stepped onto the stage, Edwyn felt a bout of relief. At least there would be someone capable of supervising.

"Now I don't want any of you, youngsters, to worry," Lockhart said, pointing towards the broad audience. That obnoxious smile never left the man's face. "You'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him."

Edwyn noted Professor Snape's murderous gaze. "I'm not too sure we'll have a defence professor, though," he muttered.

Draco laughed, and a malicious, gleeful smirk bloomed on his face. "Let's just hope that Snape doesn't go too easy on that fool."

A chuckle came from Blaise, and Edwyn noticed the boy looking stoically at the stage. Just as curious as the rest of them. The two professors bowed before walking away from each other. "One, two, three," Lockhart said. 

"Ex-pelliarmus!" Snape shouted, wand aimed at Lockhart. A loud crackle escaped the wand before a burst of energy explodes from the tip. 

Lockhart had plenty of time to dodge or shield himself from the spell, yet he remained scared stiff until the spell hit him straight in the chest. Sending him flying across the stage and landing in a pitiful lump.

The man recovered, and walked briskly towards the centre, "An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape!" Edwyn wanted to groan. This man was either so conceited in himself that he truly believed that he had the upper hand, or he was just bat-shit insane. Either way, he hated Lockhart.  "... It was pretty obvious, ah, what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you, it would have only been too easy."

The potion's professor cut him off. Lockhart must have now noticed the murderous gaze being thrown at him and quickly got a pair of students upon the stage; Pott—Harry and Draco.

Draco glared at Harry as he taunted, "Scared, Potter?"

"You wish." Harry retorted. Edwyn allowed himself a small smile at the remark.

"Wands at the ready! Cast your charms to disarm. Only to disarm." Lockhart shouted, "On the count of three. One, two—"

"Everte Statum!" Draco hollered. 

The spell hit, and Harry was sent flying across the stage, similar to Lockhart. He landed painfully on the ground, and Edwyn tried not to wince at the fall. The boy quickly recovered, standing up again with a dangerous glint in his eye.

"Rictusempra!" Harry shouts back. 

Draco looks surprised as the spell hit him on the shoulder, blasting him off his feet. He landed on his rear. Facing towards Professor Snape, who hoisted Draco back up. Pushing the boy to the centre of the stage.

"I said disarm only!" Lockhart shouted, yet his words went unheard.

Draco looked menacing as he cast another spell, "Serpensortia!"