𝟮𝟵. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝘀

f/n l/n is calling you!
( accept ) ( decline )

"y/n...? why are you... calling me?"
ushijima's inquisitive voice asks from the other side of the phone. his tone was soft; and there might have been a little waver at the end of his question.

"h-hi, ushi! um- i just wanted to see
if you're okay... so... uh.... are you...?"

"..."

"it's just as i said- i am not the one hurt.
it- it is my father who is injured."

"but you feel hurt, right?"

"...i don't understand you."

"ah, well like- um... like, your heart-"

"-my heart is still beating. i am fine."

"no no,,, but like... your feelings- your... emotions. you feel sad and worried about your dad, right?"

"...yes. i... keep wondering if he'll wake up or not."

"yeah! and that's perfectly normal to be worried like that. he's your family, and you love him. mmm..." she hums softly on the line, her voice gentle and pensive. "is your- is your dad, on um, like-"

"-life support?"

"...yeah."

"yes. they have him hooked up to a machine, he's unconscious. he has a concussion and a few broken ribs. the doctors informed me that he is incredibly lucky to still be alive after such a fatal accident."

"oh, well- it is good that he's alive!! that's like, a miracle! he'll... he'll get better, i'm sure of it. he'll wake up soon... he will...!"

"..."

"yes."

"it'll be okay, ushi-kun... okay?"

"yes."

"...c-can i do anything to help? anything at all...?"

"..."
ushijima ponders, jaw clenching as
he swallows down a lump in his throat.

"nothing that i can think of, i'm sorry."

"hey, ushi- you told me to not apologize, so follow your own advice, okay? there's nothing to be sorry for, you know."

"yes, you're right- i'm sorry."

"..." faint giggles are heard before she speaks again.

"haha, well just- just text or call me if you need to talk or anything, okay? i'll always be here for you, ushi."

"thank you... that is very... kind of you."

"of course! s-so... is there anything else
you feel like you need to get off your chest?"

"..." ushijima thinks.