𝟯𝟬. 𝗰𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝘂𝘀𝗵𝗶

it's almost like a staring contest.
it's almost like the three teens are having a stare-off as y/n blinks owlishly at the twins while they just stand there with equally-awkward gazes. atsumu's hands are kind of gripping the edges of his jacket, pulling the fabric down a bit. while on the other hand, osamu, his brother, has his hands shoved in his pockets, eyes fixated on y/n as she practically trembles behind her mother.

"oh my gosh."
it was supposed to just be a thought- something that only stayed inside her head- but it comes out as a whisper nonetheless.

atsumu breaks out into his signature grin upon hearing her words, except... his smugness doesn't quite hold as well as usual, and there was something close to a twitch that pulled at the corner of his lips. osamu's eyes dart to the side before falling back on y/n's form.

y/n's mom turns to her daughter. "look, sweetie! this was the nice man i was telling you about- his name is kaito miya. these are his sons, atsumu and osamu. ah..." she sighs with content, joy painting her features as she and the man gaze at each other with smiles. the man walks closer, wrapping an arm around the woman while his other hand extends towards y/n.

e/c eyes flicker down to his presented hand before she looks back up to the man. the girl expected to find an expectant, impatient, and scrutinizing glare, but she's surprised to find that he wore a friendly countenance, a slight grin as he raises his eyebrows at her. "hey kid," he greets. "nice to meet ya. like ya mother said, i'm kaito." his accent was somewhat like ed's, mom's old boyfriend. but... it was strangely, entirely different. it was kinder and his voice held sincerity. his sons had the same aura, too.

and at that moment, it was like something clicked. all hostility or feelings of unease left her body as her e/c eyes softened. her lips momentarily purse before she slowly grasps his awaiting hand. he shakes it, rough and brief. but it wasn't bad. no, not at all. it was blunt, but she likes blunt. she shook his hand back, which he seemed to be waiting for until his hand draws back to his body. he flashes her a smile. she blinks twice, glancing over to her mother who smiles so widely, eagerly watching and gauging her child's reaction.

and it was like something else clicked for
y/n the longer she gazed at her mother.

love. that's what she saw in the woman's eyes. it was bright and shiny and glimmering and it was different from all the other times she looked at a man she thought she loved. y/n felt a pang in her heart and she turned soft immediately. she looked back to kaito.

"nice to meet you, kaito." she greets quietly, offering a small smile. keiko nudges her lightly, "go ahead, tell him your name!" she says, to which y/n says to the man, "o-oh, i'm y/n."

"well, y/n," he grins, beckoning his sons over, and they oblige, slowly approaching until they stand before the girl and awkward, intermittent eye contact is made. "these are my boys, tsumu and samu."

y/n reluctantly nods; wobbly smile never once leaving her face that gradually heats with embarrassment as she attempts to pull her baggy tee down her bare thighs more. crap this is so embarrassing doesn't mom see that i'm practically naked over here❕❔there's a few beats of silence as the parents eye eachother somewhat nervously- their children's reactions when meeting each other was something that needed to be good or else their relationship would struggle.

eventually, y/n's wide eyes shoot to the ground as she constantly shifts her weight on either of her feet and then osamu elbows his brother, hard. atsumu abruptly clears his throat and scratches his neck. "uh, hey. im uh- i'm atsumu. this is my bro, samu. it's real nice ta meet ya." he started uncertain and hesitant, but by the end of the sentence, he's grinning like his usual, smug self and then osamu's reaching out his hand for y/n to grab.