Where Are They Now?

"No, don't worry about it, I'm on my way." Roseanne held her phone against her ear with her shoulder and she locked the front door of her mom's house. "And I'll get the last two boxes, I just need you to be there to let me in."

Jisoo huffed. "Solbin is like, spamming me with texts about these goddamn boxes."

"I'm on my way, Jisoo," Roseanne promised, rolling her eyes. "If Solbin wants us to help her move, she can handle waiting a few extra minutes. I had to make sure all of my stuff was packed up."

"Wait, is all your shit in your car right now?"

"No," Roseanne answered, huffing incredulously as she unlocked her car and opened the driver's side door. "I just wanted to make sure it's all ready. You have to help me come and get it when we're done at Solbin's place."

"I know, I know," Jisoo said. "Hurry up and get your ass over here, Park!"

"I'll see you in a few." Roseanne hung up the phone, dropping it in the empty passenger seat, and then started up her car. As she drove, she let herself exhale with relief. Today was the day that she was finally going to be moving into her own place again. Well, not entirely her own place, but with Jisoo. Solbin was moving in with Minhyun, leaving half of her shared apartment with Jisoo open. The previous week, Roseanne and her two best friends had gone to talk to the landlord of the apartment and organized an easy transfer of sorts regarding official ownership of the apartment. It would be in Jisoo's name, rather than in both Solbin's and Jisoo's, and Roseanne could give her rent directly to her best friend, who would then pay for the whole thing.

It had been three months since she moved back in with her mom in her childhood home, after opting out of staying on her best friends' couch. Three months since she'd come back from her spontaneous, three week trip to Europe.

On one hand, it felt like a long time ago. On the other, it could've been just yesterday. Sometimes, it felt like a dream.

A very realistic and long dream, with a very physical and real result, but a dream nonetheless.

She was just happy to be moving back out of her mom's place. She appreciated her mom letting her stay for a while, but it was weird. She was twenty-three and should've been entirely supporting herself. By now, she probably could've afforded to get herself a place, but once she and Jisoo had heard that Roseanne was indeed planning on moving in with Minhyun, she'd postponed any plans of moving into an apartment alone in favor of sharing one with Jisoo.

She drove up in front of the apartment building that she would be living in by that night, and saw Jisoo waiting for her outside, two boxes sitting on the ground next to her. She temporarily parked her car along the curb and hopped out. "Hey," she called.

"Finally!" Jisoo exclaimed. "Had to wait fucking forever for you, Rosie!"

"Just get the boxes in my car. The sooner I can be moved into this place, the better."

"Why? Got plans tonight or something?" Jisoo smirked, and the blonde huffed indignantly.

"I told Lisa I would FaceTime with her tonight, but she's already off of work for today," Roseanne complained, crossing her arms over her chest, "which means that she's sitting around doing nothing, and I can't even call her. So we need to shove this shit in my car and bring it to Solbin."

"Okay, okay," Jisoo said, smirking again as she grabbed one of the boxes and started to Roseanne's car. The blonde followed her movements, and once the two boxes were deposited neatly into her back seat, Jisoo hopped into her own car, parked along the side of the road as well, and they started off to Minhyun's – now also Solbin's – apartment.

Stay With MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara