Chapter 6 - Alessandra

I'm not quite sure what to think when I wake up the next morning. Things have been so complicated between us for the past few years but, I have to be honest when I was sleeping next to Aaron was the best night's sleep, I have had in a while. I look down at him sleeping. God, why does he have to be so cute when sleeping but so intimidating when awake.

            I try to slowly get out of his arms and off the bed without waking the cute sleeping bear next to me. But unfortunately, I fail miserably. When I'm almost completely out of his arms he wakes us. Shit, I woke the bear. He grabs my waist tightly as I rush to get up and flop back onto the bed letting out a little squeal. "Where exactly do you think you're going," he says with his deep raspy morning voice. He laughs holding tighter onto me.

I refuse to get beat. I get out of his grasp and quickly sit on top of him straddling his body in between my legs as I pin his wrists. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK AL. There goes any chance of easing into things. I thought we hated each other, Oh well fuck it.

"I'm stronger than you think." He smirks. He's enjoying this way too much for my liking.

"You really think so" his smirk never leaves. The butterflies in my stomach go nuts. With one swift move, he flips me over so that he's on top. "We will see who's stronger," he says as I'm lying under him trying to steady my breath. He never breaks eye contact. Although he was known to be very harsh and aggressive he was gentle with me. God, it made me weak.  My face falls into a pout.

            I watch as his eyes wander off looking my body up and down analyzing every part of it. I mean I was in short loose lounge shorts and a crop top, yes but that's no excuse. "Hey, hey, hey eyes up here" I instruct. His attention changes to my face. I swear to God if he looks at my lips, I might jump off a cliff. Sure enough, he does, his look deep into my eyes before shifting his sight to my lips then back at my eyes. The tension was inevitable and all around it was awful. I let my eyes drift of his and now I'm the one staring at his lips just feeding his ego. I think of leaning in but it dawns on me that this is going way too fast. Welp, fuck it. I lean in edging him in but he pulls back teasing me.

            "Nah ah ah I thought we were stronger than me. Come I know you can do it" he says teasing. God, now I know why I hate him. So, I fight him(playfully) trying to get out of his grasp. The closer I get to be out of his grasp he grips on tighter. He's smirking ear to ear enjoying every second of my struggle as he clearly wins. "Fine, you win I give up". He gets off leaving a quick peck on my cheek "it was a nice try darling but don't ever do it again" he says walking out the bedroom. I'm paralyzed in shock. Darling what the fuck kind of threat is that. Shit, and why am I turned on.

            Aaron walks around my kitchen so I follow once I was able to gather myself. We're both pretty hungry but it sucks that we're at my place because I pretty much never have anything. "Seriously Al, where's the coffee in this place in that case where is anything this place is empty" he questions snooping through my cupboards. "Come on Aaron, you knew me for how long, I don't drink coffee". "I thought you finally grew out of your 5-year-old taste buds. Psycho how can you still not drink coffee" he responds annoyed with my response. I jump onto the counter as he continues to shuffle around my kitchen.

            "Come on let's go" he randomly says after getting fed up of looking. He helps me off the counter. "We're going to my place". "Nooo, why, I don't want to, it's far," I complain like a child. He's clearly annoyed and doesn't have the patience to argue so he picks me up bridal style grabs my hoddie and we walk out, to his car, he sets me in the passenger's seat, putting my buckle on. I'm not 5.

When we get to his place, he takes me into the kitchen and makes himself some coffee. I walk around the house inspecting every aspect of it. For a man's house, it was well decorated and really clean, Aaron was always like that... he like order and stability. He calls me down to the kitchen and I see a cup of tea waiting for me, but it's not just a cup of tea it's my favorite cup of tea. I was wrong earlier; I don't hate him... I really hate him. I can't be here falling in love. I watch him gleam from pure self-pride for having my tea. We both sit down he places a bagel in Infront of me but as a starts to refuse it he loses his smile. "Eat you need to regain your strength." He instructs. "But..." I trial off. "No buts eat now," he says sternly. I chose to not die by his hand because of a god damn bagel, so we eat surrounded by the awkward tension.

I break the tension with a question that has been stuck in my head for so long. "how did you know to come to find me last night?" I ask. He's clearly taken back but understands my interest. "Well, I saw the news and it sounded like a description you might fit and I mean you have never failed so it was just a guess but as always I was right." He responds but he's not done.  "Well since we're asking questions why the fuck did you restart doing mission so quickly after the last fiasco, I thought you would take a break?"

I almost lose my temper and jump out of my seat "because I wanted to prove something to you, to everybody, prove that I'm not just a pretty face, prove that I don't need you, prove that I can handle myself and that I don't need a big strong man to fix everything for me. I need to prove that I'm better. Better on my own. Better. Stronger. And smarted. But as always, I'm not and I need help. I will never be at the level I want no matter how hard I try I will always be second best" I speak sternly. Tears well up in my eyes but I force them to down. Aaron seems angry by my answer and ready to retaliate but I don't give him the chance I storm out of the kitchen. And there it was your first fight and your barely had a day together.