Chapter 10 - Alessandra

The owner nearly scared me half to death when he said he knew me. And what the fuck is Aaron on. Why did he keep bringing up my attitude like a threat kinky ass mother fucker. It pissed me off, it was embarrassing we were in public.

            The meal itself was pretty good, I mean I don't think it beats my go-to Chinese place but it will suffice for this side of town. We had quite a few martinis and were pretty much hammered. Well, I was really tipsy while he was practically sober. What the hell this was so embarrassing.

"You're such a lightweight," he says mocking my inability to walk straight.

"No, I'm not you're just an alcoholic" I retaliate as I stumble out onto the sidewalk.

"Come here before you fall over" he grabs a hold of my waist pulling me close to him.

"Your eyes are pretty," I say looking up at him.

"You're so drunk, let's get you home" he laughs.

"No come one it would not be our famous Chinese night if I don't get ice cream" I stop frowning like a five-year-old. God, why do I act like that when I'm intoxicated. Aaron just laughs at me pulling me along.

...

A while later were stilling on the curb of the closed ice cream shop eating out ice cream. It was a gorgeous night and you were still extremely drunk.

"Look how pretty it is" I say referencing the stars in the sky still completely out of it.

"Yes, it is "Aaron responds in a low tone.

I look over at him and realizes he looking at me "eww gross stop" I saw like a literal child.

"God, I love it when you're drunk."

We finish our ice creams and start to head back to Aaron's place, and it starts to rain. But instead of getting out of the rain or rushing to Aaron's home, I run into the street. Once again, I was completely intoxicated and unaware of any sense of logic. I lift my head look at the sky letting the rain hit my face.

"ALESSANDRA no, what are you doing?" he says questioning all my stupidity. "Get out of the street before you get hit"

"NO" I respond.

"ALESSANDRA NOW," he says legitimately worried for my sanity.

A truck turns down the street and is heading straight for me, however, he doesn't see me because I happen to be wearing all black and it pouring out. In a split second after seeing the truck Aaron runs in the street and grabs me pushing me out the way of the truck as it barely passes without hitting me. We both fall onto the curb and the truck passes honking like a mad man. Aaron doesn't take a second to even process the situation and sits up

"are you ok?" he asks worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I'm rubbing the back of my head from where I fell.

"Good. WHAT IN THE FUCK ALESSANDRA? What were you thinking? do you have a death wish or something?" He asks angrily not really think about his choice of words.

            Startled, I back away from him.

"You could have gotten yourself killed Alessandra" he continues never changing his tone. I just stare at him blankly unable to form words and slightly taken back from his tone. "Do you have a death wish" that sentence just played over and over in my head.

"Come on let's get you home" Aaron holds out his hand. I just start at just almost as if the adrenalin got rid of my intoxication. Afraid to admit that I didn't care.

No, technically I did not have a death wish but did I honestly have a will to live a reason to still be here no... no I did not. I had felt like this for a while, I mean I did not have a plan or anything but I was reckless did things that were stupid and dangerous just in order to feel something. I lived off the adrenalin. I just had not had anyone to stop me from doing these things before. It almost made me angry that he had stopped me. 

He crouched down to my level as he saw me dissociated. "Alessandra?" It scared me out of my thoughts and I jumped back.

"Hey it's ok." he puts his arms out in caution" "I'm sorry I yelled. You just worry me please don't do that it's reckless and dangerous?"

"Reckless and dangerous" he can't be serious that's kind of the point, Aaron.

"Ok, I won't" I lie he can't know. I can't burden him with my issues again like I used to. It's my problem I have to fix. I have to be me nobody can pull me out but I and let's be honest do I really want to be pulled out. All I know is it has nothing to do with him.