Chapter 19: Aaron

Who did she actually think she was?

She was going to leave actually leaving without saying anything to me. How dare she after everything. She knew she was in the wrong too because she tried to sneak out.

I could tell her mind was split part of her wanting to stay the other part wanting to leave. She wanted to escape the tension but she can't it will follow her no matter what.

There are so many things that could go wrong from her leaving. And well maybe the fact that I would not be able to live without her. I don't know why and I sure as hell wished that it wasn't true but she makes my life easier to live, I just wish that I could make her feel the same.

...

I had overheard her conversation on the phone planning a new mission. It made me so angry, who knows why. I knew very well that she was neither physically nor mentally prepared to take on another one. Nevertheless, it was way too dangerous now, she needs to take a break a long one. She has been caught way too many times and has too many people on her ass.

So, no I will not let her do it again. Call it whatever you want but she is in my care now and I will do whatever it takes to keep her safe, especially under my care.  I will protect her at all costs no matter what it takes.

After she tried to leave, I immediately knew she was going to try it again soon. So, I am doing what any logical person would do... I am loading the inside and outside of the house with cameras. And sending more security to the house.

...

I am only moving higher and higher within the mafia and have developed so many more connections having higher seniority. I am the leader of my division and in direct contact with the don's son. I have received two weeks off in order to prepare for higher standards and more work. I'm spending with Alessandra but there have been many issues within the mafia leading to so many calls often wondering when I would be returning for what I said was "family business".

They know where I live and are very comfortable walking straight into my house unannounced which could cause some issues now that Al's here. They cannot know about her.

One thing I have learned about my time in the mafia is to keep anything and everything personal out of it. Never talk about it and never bring it up. It will only ever be used for their leverage so under all costs Alessandra must remain a secret. They have often asked me about any girlfriends or siblings that I could possibly have to also take part in the "business" but I always said it was only me. Which was true at the time. But I was told to report any relationships. God knows the consequences that I would face If they learned about her.

I could never tell them about Alessandra, they would break her. They would invite her to join the force and she would be thinking that she was strong enough, but mentally it would tear her to shreds. They are ruthless and she would never be able to handle it, especially with my knowledge of her past.

I have to go back to my daily duties next week and I have no clue how to conceal Alessandra in the house without locking her in her room. I work a lot and don't pass my house enough times in the day to keep checking in on her and making sure she's not doing anything stupid.

God she is going to drive me mad.

...

I sat at the table listening closely to her pacing back and forth upstairs. She was scared. Of God know what but I could sense it. Her quick nervous footsteps moved back and forth across the room. I could not help but smile at the fact that I had an effect on her.

She slowly and doubtfully walks down the stairs. I quickly wipe the grin off my face. Her eyes wide I could see her mind freaking out, going through every possible thought that this interaction could lead to.