Chapter 7 - Aaron

Why do I have such attraction to her? God, this sucks I'm supposed to hate her, supposed to want to kill her but when she was sleeping in my arms, I wanted to do nothing but protect her. She looked so pure and perfect as if she was not a wanted thief and killer. All I could do is lay there with her watching her pure innocence.

It was bad for me to be with her and I knew that but there was nothing I wanted more than to protect her even if that meant having to watch her innocence be stripped away. She was mine now and there was no turning back now. The second she showed up at my house she had me and now she's stuck with me because I have no clue how I will ever be able to let her go again.

I knew she felt the same though. She may not admit it but she felt an attraction to me she just did not understand it. I saw the way her dmenor changes when she was around me. She didn't understand. As childhood friends, most of those in her classmates stayed away from her. Although many were attracted to her due to her beauty. Most of them stayed away from her mainly because she was a bit weird but also because they knew I was always with her. I was only 5 years older but they were scared of me but I knew from the first day I saw her that she was important. And I was right.

This world has not been kind to her. Years ago, when we were partners, she still had some of her humor and never-ending energy. But since then it has disappeared I can no longer see the light in her eyes when she speaks. I miss that.

She had changed so much, she lost most of her genuine innocence. She lost her kindness, her pureness. Her heart had frozen because of my doing. I pulled her into this life and now I will have to drag her out of it... It is going to be impossible.

The second she shows any signs of vulnerability she hides ashamed of who she truly is. I bring out her vulnerably all because I stress her out. She feared me once. I can't bring her back there it'll destroy her.

A while after she stole most of my clients I became out of control I was reckless drunk all the time, my anger issues worsened and I made a move on her which was the biggest mistake of my life. I came up to her in public and threw her up against a wall threatening to kill her. I was high out of my mind and had way too many drinks, and she had walked into the wrong bar. Dylan had to pull me off her as she stared fearing for her life. Dylan practically dragged me out of the bar and gave me some stupid talk that I ignored. I vowed after seeing her that terrified of me that I would never have her fear me like that again.

After she stormed out all I could the words stuck in my head. Why did she feel like that about herself? Did I make her insecure? My mind was tearing itself apart, with the things I have said to her in my past. I was going to help her; she was going to get better and it's on my terms.