Blood for blood.

TOS inspired by those who write TOS inspired like LikinPhan and Khayotic.

The white smoke filled the air, making the room stink of tobacco. I wanted to cough when it reached the bottom of my lungs, but my father sat at the head of the table, and so I resisted. He sat, staring at me through the clouds as he puffed more into the room. He said nothing, and I waited in tense anticipation on the edge of my seat. I sat with my back straight and head held high, trying to be who I know he wanted me to be.

As mafioso, and a son, father expects much of me. I wanted to live up to everything he wanted, even though I wasn't inclined to certain things the familia wanted me to be inclined to. I just had to lie my way through everything, and they'd never know the difference.

"Son." He said, putting the cigar out on the edge of the desk, "Ever since your mother became an escort, and I killed her out of respect from the familia you've had a tough role to play."

"I am just following the familia's wishes, father." I replied, trying not to break eye contact, even though he gave me a stare that held no love.

"You've had to pretend not to care for a long time, and you've had to work as mafioso since you were young. You have good training, and I have to admit that you've done well." The side of his mouth curled into a smile and I felt like he might be the slightest bit proud.

"Thank you, father. Training under you is a great honour."

He leaned forward on the chair "The investigator knows who I am, and I know he's gone to the mayor. Flattering me won't help you now, son. By tomorrow I will be lynched by the town, and you will become the God Father."

I felt apprehensive, I didn't know the correct response, "Father..."

"Stop. This is fact, and you must be ready. I feel you are a good man, and that we've prepared you well."

"Thank you father, I respect any decision you make."

"What decision do I have to make? They already got to your brother, John, and you are my last hope for the familia. I know about your strange, inclination, for... You know... I won't reveal it to the familia, I have high hopes for you."

I went a deep shade of red, knowing exactly what he meant. Any respect or sense of pride I thought he had for me washed away instantly. He loved John much more, and John would've made a great God Father. I can't help who I am, and I believe that he does understand that much.

"I am sorry father, they will never know. I will change my ways, and be a committed God Father for the sake of the familia. I will marry a wife who will submit." I was saying it as calmly as possible, but I was panicking inside, this is not what I want.

"Good, we will find you the perfect woman. Strong Italian bloodline and the perfect material for the God Father's wife. It will be one of the last orders I make as God Father."

I nodded, and waited for permission to leave. He nods at me, noticing my fidgety nature.

I stop at the bottom of the stairs as he speaks, "I do have respect for you son, and I love you as much as I loved John. I know you didn't chose to be that way inclined, but the familia would never forgive you. I am proud that you can stand down from what you really want, for all of us."

I gave him a weak smile, knowing that he doesn't really understand or respect my 'choices'. I walked up the stairs and out of the basement, and the white smoke followed me, leaving the room bellow clear.

As I turn to shut the door to the basement I hear my father speak once more, "A God Father dies with dignity, not by the hands of a guilty town. Blood for blood my son, a life for a life."

I knew exactly what would follow, and sure enough the gun shot rang out, piercing the silence of the night. I shut the door and made my way to my room. He wanted to die at his own hands, even though the town pressed him to do it.

Blood for blood, a life for a life. I will find the mayor.