Home is where the heart is.

Sitting quietly in that dark room wasn't pleasant. Waiting for one of us to figure out the next step, waiting for Adam to join reality once more. After he stuttered out Max's name he went back to breathing heavily and just panicking. Minx was still out of breath and weak, and she stayed leaning on the floor so that she could regain her lost energy. I sat there mortified with what I had just done, and oh-so clueless on what my next move would be. I know John told me not to revive him, but doing this had removed that option entirely, and there is no chance to see him ever again... Unless I die, which seems like it could be very close to the next step in some other people's plans. Adam appeared to be the key to helping Max, but now I'm not so sure if that's what I want. This was the stupidest method ever, just because I wanted to avoid killing another person. 

Well I'm done. Done dancing around ideals I set for myself. Done with deeming certain things acceptable, and others not. All this fucking about trying to save his life has put so many others at risk. Laura was killed, Minx forced to waste her only power, and at this very moment Steven could be dead.

This was all one big fucking mistake. I was being selfish, and idiotic. Only now do I see how simple it could have been if I'd shot Max in the first place, that night when I killed Adam. If I was so opposed to doing it myself I could have explained to Steven how it was necessary for him to kill Max, since Ze is the vigilante. It's his role to kill the bad guys, and Max is most definitely the bad guy here. So am I, but if killing Max means dying myself I'm not so bothered.

"Jesus Christ..." There's no turning back now. "Adam, get your shit together and lets sort this out once and for all."

Adam looks at me, eyes wide, he's still confused and disoriented.

"Just get the fuck up, I'm not going to execute your boyfriend in front of you. That was a mistake the first time. Lets go and explain already."

Adam nods, and climbs awkwardly out of the metal tray, trailing behind me as I jog up the stairs. Minx doesn't move, clearly not interested in our endeavors past this point. Marching out of the church I no longer care for the prized memories there, I just need to end everything.

If this goes well, maybe we can bring Steven here. He would have loved your mother. Who wouldn't have? Your father.

"No, Chilled. Not now, I'm not ready. I can do this on my own, it's best that way. Give me time, please." Adam stops walking and stands staring at me.

"Fine. Seriously just fuck off-" My voice breaks mid sentence. This is all catching up to me, and I know that this is it. I can't do this anymore. "You sort Max out. If he lays so much as a hand on Ze I will murder you and Max, I'm not against killing you again. If you don't sort this out and I see it going down hill fast I will kill Max... No matter what you do it is most likely that I will be killing Max, with your permission or without. Do not think you can stand in my way. This is my mess and I will clean it up if need be."

Adam simply nods, and wanders back inside the church. Having an outburst in the middle of the street is going to become "my thing", but I couldn't care less.

I just want this to end, and so I drag myself home. Down the dark streets once more, and I realise that I never much feared the darkness itself, but more the fact that the morning always follows. It would take someone a fair amount of effort to kill me, even at night, and so I shouldn't be afraid. However, when the sun rises I know the law can take me, and this corrupt justice full of accusations will not get the best of me.

Inside things don't feel like they used to, and I'm greeted by the same homely scents and scenes, but they don't feel like "home".

What does?

In my head images of Steven smiling pop up, they're from when we were younger, and his curly hair is as cute as ever. He is familiar to my mind, something that has always been present, but hidden by years of loneliness and seclusion. 

I remember when my father stopped me from having friends and going out, because those were the nights I cried myself to sleep. Those were the nights where my only solace was that one day, just maybe, Steven would remember me and he would want to take me away from this place.

He was my escape, but even he escaped me. No matter how far he goes or for how long, he will always be there. He will always be my home. When he doesn't want to, he still will be.

I can feel the tears welling up when I notice someone in the kitchen. The Janitor is searching through the cupboards, but stops when he realises I've returned.

"Don, the Familia wishes to have a meeting. There are things that must be said to you, they fear that you are losing faith in the family. We need a strong leader who wants to lead us to success. If you continue to ignore our needs... Bad things will start to happen." He looks at me, his eyes pleading for me to obey and do as they wish. His empathy doesn't deny the fact that he just threatened me.

"The family can go to hell for all I care. I am sick of this war, sick of all the death, and most importantly I am sick of all you judgmental assholes that never let me be who I needed to be. IF YOU ALL HADN'T FUCKED UP SO BADLY I COULD HAVE AVOIDED THIS! I could be in the reality I want. I could be with him." My rage quickly burnt out, and I was filled with more regret. Not knowing what to do I ran out the back door of the house.

The house, not my home. Home was the destination, regardless of what Adam said. I needed to see Steven, because I know that he can make everything okay. Be it for a minute, or forever, I need him by my side. Any distrust between us isn't important, because quite simply, I love him.

---------------------

Woo? Edging closer to the end. I wrote this in the space of an hour or so, because my sister is at work and I'm bored and lonely. 

As much as train journeys SUCK, I really enjoyed the one here. I had lots of people to talk to, because the bae obviously missed me as soon as I pulled out of the station. Well, two hours on the first train, an awkward fuck about on the tube, and then two more hours on a different train wasn't so bad.

At least my sister bought me THE MARTIAN and I can finally read that god damn book, and Derby is really nice (There's a Disney store here and she promised to take me in it, and she bought me a Jurassic Park T-Shirt). I met my sister's friend, and I'm helping Cassie get used to having a second person in the house again before her fiancee comes home XD Her wedding is next March and I'm actually really excited for it.

^Rambling about things irrelevant to this story over. This shouldn't be too much longer, though it depends on what I'm doing with POVs and how I structure the rest of the chapters. Whatever, let's enjoy this while it lasts XD

P.S I did the first game night thing, it didn't work very well, but it was fun anyway. When I get back home in like a weeks time we can do another, and anyone who really wants to join in can message me and whatever. Have fun ^-^

(GOD THAT TITLE UGH, I HAD NO IDEAS LEFT)