What do you know?

I took a deep breath and pulled the door open, but at the same time someone pushed from inside. Ze stumbled out, and managed to stay upright. He looked startled, and annoyed, then embarrassed.

I held my hands up in self defense, "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Laura's gone home and I came to get you."

He straightened himself up and walked over to the table while he spoke, "It's fine. I should have waited anyway."

I sat down across from him, but said nothing for a little while. I wasn't sure how to start catch up on years of lost friendship, or how to propose him joining the 'bad' side. Just fucking say you're the Mafia and you want his submission. Don't be nervous, just start the conversation.

"Uh-" We both started at the same time. I didn't try to speak again, but Ze continued.

"I'd rather we didn't do the whole bashful children act, and just got down to business." Ze stated.

I looked up at him, and he seemed serious enough so I just nodded.

"Well, did Galm tell you about the situation?" I asked, leaning forward.

"About the Mafia? Yes. I'm guessing you want me to submit to you?"

Submit? I guess he thinks you're dominant. *Sniggers* I mean, shut up. Great, the voices were making sexual jokes in a serious situation.

I shrugged in response to Ze, "I'd like you to do take action, but which action is your choice." So you're making sexual jokes too now? Can't really blame us when we're just part of you. I mean, he's kind of right...

Obviously the voices distracted me from the conversation, and Ze noticed. "Chilled? What are you doing?"

"Oh. Nothing. I was just thinking about something, I got distracted." I paused, scanning over Ze's confused face. "There's three main choices when it comes to this, and I will let you pick. You can either submit to us and earn some protection, you could also just pack up and leave town before anything gets too serious, or... Well, lets just say the third option is less favourable."

"So I can either work with you, leave my home town, or get killed by you? What a great range of options." He rolled his eyes at me.

I felt like he was accusing me, "Hey, I said I don't want to kill you. Do you think I have any choice in what I do? No. I don't."

"That's a lie. You could just let the Mafia lose."

I looked up at him, any desire to be friendly gone, "And bring more disgrace to the people who raised and care for me? To let myself be killed? I don't want to die Steven. I don't think you do either, so please don't try and tell me I do. The reason I've brought you the choice is because I'm trying to do this with as little causalities as possible. I could have just killed you, but I didn't."