Family - J J Maybank

This idea is from @pansymalf0y I hope you like it :)

🌊

'Are you sure you want to do this?' You asked JJ as you were about to leave the chateau.

'I'm sure. I can't wait to meet your family.' He grabbed your hand, and you both started to make your way to your house.

You were nervous as hell for JJ to meet your family. Your parents, mostly your dad, didn't quite agree with the relationship at first. They now accepted how happy he made you, but still, they weren't fully aboard. You were neither a kook nor a rogue. Your family had money, but you weren't crazy rich. You didn't go to the kook academy, but you lived there. You probably lived in the smallest house on that side of the island. At first, you had trouble adjusting where you belonged. But you met Kiara, John B, Pope and JJ, and everything fell into place.

'It's going to be okay,' JJ said when your house came in sight. He noticed how nervous you were. You weren't as chatty as usual, and you couldn't stop moving your fingers in the same pattern.

'We'll see,' you sighed. You walked up to your house and made your way to the backyard.

'Y/N!' Your five-year-old sister yelled. She got up from the ground and ran over to you.

With a smile, you picked her up from the ground. 'Hey, sweetpea. What were you doing?'

'Coloring! Mommy said you were bringing over a special guest.'

'That's right. Y/S/N, this is JJ, my boyfriend. JJ, this is my little sister.'

'It's very nice to meet you,' JJ said and smiled at your sister.

'You too. I'm going to show you my drawing.'

You put down your sister, who grabbed JJ his hand and dragged him along to where she was colouring.

'At least Y/S/N likes him,' your mom quietly said as she walks over to you.

'Just meet him, mom. She's not a bad guy. He's sweet, and most of all, he makes me happy.'

Your older brother runs out of the house, followed by your older brother. God, this is not how you wanted this to go. Both of your brothers stop and look from JJ to you, back to JJ and then back to you.

'So this is your boyfriend?' your older brother asked.

'Jup. JJ, meet my little brother and my older brother, who is a dick.'

'No, I have a dick, Y/N. Those are two very different things. Glad to meet the boy my sister is so obsessed about.'

You rolled your eyes.

'At least Y/S/N likes him,' your little brother said.

'She loves everybody, as soon as you go colour with her. It's easy,' your older brother said. They went back to doing whatever they were doing.

'When is dad coming home?' You asked your mom.

'He's in the shower.'

Great. You walk over to JJ and sit next to him. He immediately grabs your hand, knowing it will calm you down.

'Seems like your brothers don't care about us,' he quietly said.

'They only care about their stupid games. As soon as you play with them, they'll love you.' You laid your chin on his shoulder as you watched him colour with your sister. She was explaining so many things.

You heard the backdoor open, and your heart started racing. Your dad was here. His opinion meant the most to you. You wanted him to like JJ. You needed him to like JJ.

'It's okay,' JJ whispered as he quickly kissed your cheek. To your sister, he said that he would be back soon. The two of you stood up and walked over to your parents.

'Dad, this is JJ. JJ, this is my dad,' you introduced the two.

'It's good to meet you, sir,' JJ said and held out his hand.

Your dad looked at you before shaking JJ his hand. 'Likewise. So, you stole my daughter's heart.'

'You can say that, sir. And she stole mine,' JJ said with the biggest smile on his face.

'It's good to see her happy. Dinner is in half an hour. You guys want to stay?'

JJ looked at you.

'Yes, that would be amazing,' you said. Your dad liked JJ. He actually liked the guy he had been so against in the beginning.

'Good. Welcome to the family,' your dad said.

'Thank you, sir,' JJ said.

'JJ! Come back! You need to help me draw!' Your sister yelled.

'Sorry, duty calls,' he chuckled as he walked back to your little sister.

'He is a fine young man,' your dad said.

'Thanks, dad.'

'But if he breaks your heart....'

'You'll break him. I know. So does he. But don't worry. He not going to.'

You turned around to see JJ colouring with your little sister. There are going to be a lot of drawings at the chateau.