Train wreck - JJ Maybank

Inspired on the song train wreck by James Arthur

Summary

You lived on the outer banks with your mom. You moved there after your dad passed away. You were a complete wreck and then you met him.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

You were laying on the grass. The sun has been out all day, but now there clouds in the sky and you could tell it was going to rain.

"Honey, please come inside," your mom asked when the first drops fell down. You didn't respond to her. You stayed laying down on the grass. You heard the door the close and it was silent. It started to rain and you stayed completely still. You closed your eyes and you remember all the times with your dad in the rain.

"Y/D/N, please come inside," your mom said to your dad.

"We'll come soon," your dad said. You both had thing for the rain. It had something peaceful. While everyone would go inside, you would go outside. You would play football or even dance. It was so much and it was your thing. It was something you two shared. You didn't care if you would get sick or wet. All you wanted was those few moments with your dad.

You felt the tears falling from your eyes, or it was the rain, but you were probably crying. He should've been with you right now. He should've been right next to you. You would talk about school or what else you did that day. He would be here with you. Now it was just you and your mom. The two of you moved a few weeks after your dad had passed away. Your mom couldn't stand being in the house he lived in so you moved to the outer banks. Mom always wanted to go there, but that wasn't really the beach type so you never went there. Now you lived here. Today has been the first time it rained since you got here. You were a total mess. It wasn't that you were that close to your dad. He was almost never home because of his work, but when he was, it felt complete. You moved here about a week ago and you still hadn't unpacked. It felt like something was holding back, like it was the wrong thing to do. You didn't leave the house, because you didn't want to enjoy yourself. You didn't want to feel happy. You only wanted your dad and he would never come back.

You sat up and looked around. Everyone was inside. You heard the wild waves crashing and some yelling. You couldn't help but wonder what was happening. The beach was close to your house, so you decided to have a look. You slowly got up and made your way to the beach. You were soaked because of the rain, but you didn't care. The ground changed from grass to sand and you looked at the ocean. For a moment, it was the most beautiful thing you had seen in a while. The dark clouds were above it. The ocean was wilder then normal, because the wind picked up. It was almost like it was a scene for a movie, where a ship would go under in the middle of the sea. It was beautiful to see. Then your eyes caught two guys in the water, sitting down on surfboards. You heard them laugh and then they started to paddle to a huge wave that was coming. One of the guys got on his board and surfed the wave. Damn, he was good.

You hadn't realized you walked to the water until you felt something slippery next to your feet. You looked down and saw that you were standing in the water. You were almost half way down. You didn't move. You just looked at the two guys, who were now screaming from excitement. The sat down on their boards again.

"Hey! You shouldn't be here!" you heard someone yell. You looked up and saw the two boys coming towards you. You felt something inside you, the old you was coming to the surface.

"Then why are you here?" you asked. The two boys stopped in front of you. The boy on the left had brown hair and wore a bandana on his neck. The other one was blonde and had a cut in his lip. Both boys were extremely hot, but you didn't felt uncomfortable. For the first time in weeks, so you felt like yourself again.