Chasing dreams - Pogues

A month ago, you made the decision to leave everything behind and move to another city. You felt trapped in your own life, and you needed a change. You wanted to see the world, meet new people and feel like you belonged somewhere. Today was the day you were leaving. You had to say goodbye to your friends and go to the airport. Your suitcases were already in the car. You had one hour to say goodbye. One last hour with your friends.

You stood in front of the chateau, not wanting to go in and say goodbye. Yes, it was your own idea, but that didn't make saying goodbye any easier.

'Y/N, what are you doing out there?' Sarah laughed and stepped out of the chateau. She grabbed your wrist and pulled you in. Everybody was sitting on the couch, waiting for you to come and say goodbye.

'Hi,' was all you said. It felt strange. Everybody knew what was coming, and nobody wanted that time to come.

'We have a little something for you,' Kiara said. She gave you a box.

'You didn't have to do that.'

'Yes, we did,' Sarah said.

You said down next to John B and opened the box. Inside was a little book. You grabbed it out of the box and opened it. It was filled with photos and stories of your friendship. You and John B both got a detention ticket a few years ago for laughing too hard in class. There was a photo of you and JJ where you smoked for the first time; you looked like shit. There was a picture with Pope where you pulled a funny face. In the end, there was a picture of all of you together. Friends, forever it said about the picture. Everybody had written a small message, which brought tears to your eyes. 'You guys! This is the best thing ever.' You hugged everyone, but when you got to JJ, he stood up without saying anything and walked out of the chateau.

'What's up with him?' You asked.

'He's just having a hard time,' John B mumbled.

'I'll go talk to him. Thanks, guys, this means a lot.' You put the book down on the table and walked out of the chateau, seeing JJ standing on the dock.

'Were you just going to stay there and not let me say goodbye?' You asked as you walked over to him.

He didn't turn around nor reacted.

'J, what's going on?'

He looked at you with watery eyes. 'How am I going to say goodbye to you? You're my best friend. I know it's selfish, but I can't say goodbye to you. I can't, and I won't.'

'Fine, then we don't say goodbye. But let me tell you something, I am scared as hell, J. I just don't know if I can do this.'

JJ looked at you. 'Yes, you can. You're Y/N freaking Y/L/N. You can do anything. You punched Rafe, who is like twice the size of you. Yes, moving to another country is scary as hell. But if there is anyone who can do it, it's you. It has been your dream for so long. Don't let anyone hold you back, please. You're going to have the best time of your life. Just make sure you miss us.'

You laugh. 'Damn, that was quite the speech. And for sure I am going to miss you. You're my best friend. You're like my family. So this is not a goodbye, it's a see you later,' you said, and you hugged JJ.

'Y/N! Your mom is here!' Pope yelled.

'It's time,' you whispered.

'Hey, look at me.' JJ lifted your chin up. 'You can do this. You're going to have the best time of your life. As soon as the power is back on, we'll let you know, and you can tell us all about it, okay?'

'Okay.' You hugged JJ again before you walked back to the rest of your friends.

'I already gave the book to your mom, so you don't forget it,' Sarah said and hugged you.

'Thank you.'

You hugged Kiara next, then Pope and John B as last. 'I'm going to miss you all like crazy,' you said.

'Don't miss us too much. You're chasing your dream. We'll be fine. We can text and call as much as we want as soon as the power is back on,' Kiara said.

'Come one, one last group hug,' John B said. You pulled JJ in, and you all stood close in a circle.

'I love you guys,' you said.

'We love you too. Now go have fun, live the life of your dreams and make us all jealous,' Sarah said.

You all laughed. You let go of your friends and walked to the car. You got in and waved at your friends as your mom started the car and drove off. Let a new adventure begin.