P2 The Devil Doesn't Bargain - Rafe Cameron

Warning - mention of drugs

It has been 90 days since you've seen Rafe. He went to rehab for cocaine, and everything else he was on, for 30 days and then he went to a half way house for the another 60 days. Ward wanted to make sure that Rafe was clean, so putting him in a half way house was the ultimate test. His half way house was in a new environment for him, you didn't know where. All you knew was that you couldn't go looking for him. He needed the time to focus on himself and staying sober. For those 60 days in the half way house, he was able to go out in public again. This was the test if he would relapse or not. You heard from Sarah that he did once in the beginning. Now he had been clean for 57 days and he was coming home. You were so excited to see and hug him again. But you were anxious on how he would react when seeing you again. With the Cameron family, Topper and Kelce, you were waiting in the backyard for Rafe. Ward was picking him up and would be here any moment. Everyone was chatting with each other, while you kept your distance a little bit. You were so nervous.

"They're here!" Rose yelled. Everyone took their places standing in front of a big sign that said: Welcome home Rafe! Wheezie, Sarah and you handmade it as kind of a welcome home gift.

You heard Ward and Rafe laughing, getting closer with the second. It was already odd to hear the father and son laughing.

"Welcome home!" Everybody shouts as Rafe and Ward walk into the backyard. Rose, Wheezie and Sarah are the first one to walk over to Rafe and hug him. Topper and Kelce quickly follow, and then he looks at you. The smile on his face grows even wider. At the same time, you walk to eacher and he wraps his arms around your neck.

"Hi," he says.

"Hi!" You slowly push him off you to look at him. He looks so good. Even better then he did before. "You look good," you compliment him.

"You too," he laughs.

With a smile on your face, you mash your lips against his. Everything feels heightened, like it's your fist kiss.

"Go get a room!" Sarah yells.

Laughing you pull away from Rafe.

It has been a long day. The two of your are laying down on the sit sack on his balcony. The sun is slowly going down, making the sky turn pretty pink.

"How do you feel?" You ask Rafe. For the entire day, you didn't have a good chance to talk to him.

"I'm okay, I think. It's weird being back home and being at some party doing whatever was closest. But it feels good. I'll still go to meetings, but it feels good to be back home."

"I can imagine. What will you do with all that time now?" You chuckle.

"Spending it with you, and making it up to you for how shitty I treated you."

You want to say that it's okay, but it wasn't.

"I am sorry, Y/N. For everything that I did and didn't do, for the things I said and didn't say. I'm so grateful that you're here right now with me."

"I told you I would wait."

"But saying it and doing it are two very different things."

You laugh. "Normally I would say something like that."

Rafe laughs as well. "Well, our normal is going to look a little different now. I am going to be a better person, boyfriend, best friend and brother. I will be here for you if you need me, I won't push away like I have and I will treat you better, I promise."

You smile. He has grown so much as a person these last few weeks. "I'm proud of you Rafe. I'm so proud and I'm so freaking in love with you."

"That's the first time-."

"Yep. It's the first time I said how I really feel and used the 'l' word."

Rafe smiles. "I'm glad you did. I love you too." Before you know it, his lips are against yours and you couldn't feel happier.