Only You - John B Routledge

Summary

Your boyfriend John B is getting chased by the cops and runs away in the middle of the storm. They yell you he died.

Inspired by the song Only You orchestra version by Zara Larson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You sit in the tent, holding Kie her hand while the tears stream down her face. With your other hand you're holding your brother JJ his hand. You try your best to keep it together. You know John B, he can handle a storm. He knows how to be safe. He knows how to handle these things.

When Shoupe and his man walk in, without John B. You can't help but feel your heart break a little. Is he safe? Did he make it? Is he okay?

They look at the four of you. You all stand up and walk towards him.

"Did you find them?" Pope asks and you can hear the anger in his voice. It's because of Shoupe that John B had to leave. They believed a kook over a pogue, but now it may cost a life.

Shoupe slowly shakes his head. "No."

"So he got away," Kie says and looks at you.

"We, uh ... we lost them. I'm sorry," Shoupe tells you.

"You lost them? What do you mean you lost them? Like they're gone? What are you talking about?" Pope starts to fire all the questions. You can only stand frozen in your spot. This can't be happening.

"He took an open boat into a tropical depression, Pope."

"So he's dead?" You hear Kie ask. Your heart is beating so fast that you're afraid that you having a heart attack.

"We don't know." Kie starts crying and turns to Pope.

JJ starts yelling at Shoupe. "You drove them straight through the storm, man! Are you kidding me? Come here!" He starts walking up to Shoupe, throwing punches. Deputy Thomas pulls him away. You're still standing in the same spot.

Pope turns to Shoupe. "He didn't kill anyone, and you know it!" Kie pulls Pope away from Shoupe and they hug each other.

"We're still looking for him, alright?" You hear Shoupe say. You stand in the middle of room looking how everyone breaks down. You see how Kie her parents walk in. She turns away from Pope, straight to her mom.

"He didn't make it," she cries. Popes parents also walk in and hug Pope. You and JJ have no one. You lost the closest person in your life.

"Y/N," you hear JJ say, but you don't respond to it. It slowly hits you that he's gone. He's not coming back. Your boyfriend is gone and it's all because of Ward. You hate him with every bone in your body. He took away the last thing you had left. He took away your happiness, your heart, your soul. He took away everything. You feel two arms wrapping around you. You feel wetness falling down on your shirt. You want to cry. You want to scream for John B. You want to run away. You want to go out on the water yourself to look for him. But you can't move. The tears aren't coming. There's no sound coming out of your mouth. You hear people talking, you hear people saying your name, but you don't respond. You can't. You don't want to see their crying faces. You don't want to see how heart broken they are. You don't want to see their pain, because you know you can't handle it.

Somehow you ended up at John B's place. JJ is nowhere near you. It's still dark outside. The storm has stopped. After everything you went through, you were left behind. You wanted to come with him so bad, but he wouldn't let you do that to JJ. He wouldn't leave his best friend behind without his sister. You sat layed down on his bed, with one of shirts wrapped between your hands. You stared at the wall. Picture of you and your friends were hanging on there. You stayed on the bed until the light came through. You stood up to close the curtains and then lay down again. You stared back at a picture of the two of you. He pressed a kiss to your cheek. You remember the day so good.