Graduating - the pogues

A/N this one is for everyone who's graduating/graduated this year! Congratulations!

Today is finally the day: you're graduating. This year hasn't been easy. John B's dad went missing, you were busy finding the gold from the Royal Merchant and almost died trying to do so, but now you were finally here. You were getting ready with Kie, while your parents were downstairs with hers.

"I can't believe we're done with high school," Kie said as she applied a layer of mascara on her eye lashes.

"I know. It's so weird." You looked at your white dress. It was coming to just above your knee. It was simple, with a little lace on the bottom.

"Is JJ going to pick you up here?"

"No. We're all going to meet there." You've been dating JJ for almost two years now. It hasn't always been easy, but what relationship is? The fact that you're now graduating, applies an whole other level of pressure on your relationship. You're going away from college, while JJ, and John B, are staying behind on the cut. JJ has some scouts looking at him surfing, but they couldn't offer him a scholarship. He says he doesn't mind, and that he's happy to stay here with John B, but you knew that wasn't true. But what you haven't told him, is that you're staying here too, just for another year. You don't know what you want to do with your life, so you're taking a break from everything. You're going to travel, with JJ if he wants and figure out what you want. All of your friends have been working really hard to save up money so that you could all go on a vacation together. You're probably going to Miami or something like that, just as long there is a beach.

"I'm done," Kie says.

You look at her. "You look amazing."

"I can say the same thing about you girl. Too bad nobody is going to see our outfits," she says as she puts the gown on.

"Yeah." You finish your make up and then put your gown own. You both take a few mirror selfies and then you walk downstairs, since it's time to go. Your parents make you take a few pictures too, before you head off.

You're standing at beginning of the football field with Kie, waiting for JJ and John B to arrive. Pope is already standing with you. He was the first one to be here. All of your parents are talking to each other.

"What is taking them so long?" You mumble and look at your phone for the millionth time. There is still no message from either of them.

"They'll be here. It's JJ and John B we're talking about. They're never on time," Pope says.

"True," Kie says.

Just as you're about to walk on the field, you hear someone yelling your name, a voice you know all to well. To turn around with the biggest smile on your face. JJ and John B come running towards you, nothing holding the caps in their hands.

"I'm sorry we're late. Car trouble," John B breathes out as he comes to a halt.

"Damn, babe. You look amazing," JJ smiles, a little out of breath. He walks towards you and kisses you.

"Hi to you too," you smile.

"Are we ready?" Pope asks. You all look at each other. Are you really ready to close this chapter of your life? To be honest, you weren't. You were afraid that college would force you apart, that you were going to lose your friends.

"Let's just take a photo first," Kie says and already has her phone on her hand. You all line up so you're all in the shot. You smile when she takes the photo.

"I love you guys," you say to your friends.

"Awh, we love you too!" Kie says.

"Me too guys," Pope says. John B pulls you all into a group hug.

"Now, let's do this!" Pope yells. JJ yells in excitement. You all laugh. He grabs your hand as you walk onto the field. You quickly find your spot in the line. The principal welcomes everybody and then they start naming all the students that have graduated.

"Y/N Y/L/N." You smile and walk up on the stage. You stake the hand of the principal as he hands you your diploma. You hear JJ yell the loudest. You smile and find your assigned seat.

"I can't believe we've really done this," John B says as you were all sitting at a table at The Wreck.  You were all with your families celebrating.

"I know. We almost died last summer, so this feels like such a big deal," Kie says.

"It really is," Pope says. You've been tapping your foot for the moment you sat down. You still haven't told your friends about your plans and you didn't know how. What if they didn't understood it?

"Y/N, babe are you okay?" JJ asked you. Now all the eyes were on you.

"Yeah, i just need to tell you something, all of you." You looked at your hands and sighed.

"I'm not going to college this year," you said quickly.

What's and why's came up.

"Did they change their minds?" JJ asked, referring to the college you were planning to go to.

"No, I turned them down, beca-."

"What? Why would you do that? It was such an amazing college!" JJ almost yelled at you.

"Calm down, Jay. It's not that I'm never going. I'm just postponing it with a year. I don't know what I want to do with the rest of my life, so I'm going to stay in the Outer Banks for just a year longer. No biggie."

"No biggie? Y/N, you were so excited to go."

"I just changed my mind okay? I'm not ready to leave the obx behind and you, god. My heart breaks into pieces when I think about it. So please, JJ. Don't argue with me on this. It is my decision and my life. I like being here and I'm not ready to move on yet." JJ just wraps his around your shoulder and pulls you closer to him. He plants a kiss on your head.

"I know. I'm glad you're staying."

"We're going to have so much fun!" John B yells and you all laugh.