Not your day - Chase Stokes

You and your boyfriend Chase Stokes were living in Charleston for a few months because he was filming a new show called Outer Banks. He took you with him and you helped out on set by helping the cast dress up and with their hair and make-up. You loved what you were doing. It was so much fun and it was a plus that you could help out, because now you could see your boyfriend more.

But today was just an off day. You wanted to lay in bed all day and do nothing, but of course that didn't fit in with your schedule. Chase already left early in the morning so it was just you in your apartment. You got dressed and walked downstairs to find a note from Chase.

Good morning! I hope you slept well. I'm sorry I used the last bit of milk, but I'll have breakfast ready on set if you want me too. See you in a few hours! Love you. x Chase.

You smiled at the little note. It was something you would always do. If one had to leave while the other was still asleep, you would always leave a note for each other. You walked over to the fridge to see if there was maybe some yoghurt left, but the fridge was as good as empty.

"Great," you mumbled to yourself. You shut the fridge and looked for any food, but all you found was a banana. You could already feel your mood drop down. You ate the banana, got your stuff and headed out the door. Quickly texting Chase that you were on your way. You got in your car, luckily you still had time left because you needed to fill up the tank.

Once you were on the sad, you were moody as hell. While you where trying to fill your car with more gas, your card didn't work. It got fikkend after some time, but you were already getting late and then there was an accident on the road which caused you to be even more late.

"Good morning, Y/N!" Madison greeted you as soon as you entered the trailer.

"Morning," you mumbled and dropped your bag on the couch. "What can I do?" You asked one of the workers.

"the first round of hair and make up is done, so maybe you can look on the set if they need any retouches?" You nodded your head. You quickly grabbed your stuff and headed over to the chateau where they were currently filming.

"Okay, take five everyone! Rudy, please get that mosquito bite covered up," you heard one of the directors say.

"I'm right here," you said. Rudy walked over to you, soon followed by Chase.

"Didn't they cover this up this morning?" You asked Rudy.

"No, there was no time because somebody was late." And by somebody he probably ment you.

"Hey babe," Chase said and he kissed your cheek.

"Hi," you quickly said before turning your attention back to Rudy. "Yeah, didn't actually have the best morning." You added one last layer of concealer and then there was nothing to see of the mosquito bite.

"What happened this morning?" Chase asked while you fixed his hair and make-up just a little bit.

"There was no food in the house, I had to stop for gas but then my card had some trouble, there was an accident and I was late. And on top of that I also forgot to charge my phone last night. It's just little things, but I just feel like today is going to be one of those days, you know? The ones where nothing is going to go right and I could end up breaking my arm or something."

"You're not going to break your hand. Today will be okay. Just look forward to tonight. We're going to get some groceries and then just lay in bed and watch movies all night, okay?"

"Okay," you smiled. Chase pressed a kiss on your forehead before running off to the chateau again where they started to film again.

The day went by very slowly. You were running around like crazy to do as much as you could. You tried so hard to make this day better, but the universe just wasn't having it. You tripped over a wire which caused you to fall down and break all the make-up you had on you. Because you weren't looking where you were going, Madison threw her bottle of water all over you. You lost your phone, got a parking ticket and it was super hot which made you sweat like crazy which you hated. It just wasn't your day and you wanted to go home and crawl into bed.

"Babe, you ready to go home?" Chase was standing in the doorway of the trailer.

"Yeah almost," you said and finished up cleaning. Chase told you about his day while you just listened and cleaned.

You grabbed your bag once you were done and headed out to your car. "You've got to be kidding me," you mumbled as you looked at the tired, it was flat to the ground. You were on the edge of tears. Of all the things that was happened today, this one was the worst. You just wanted to go home, but now you couldn't even drive home.

"Luckily we came with to cars. We'll fix it in tomorrow morning." You looked up and saw chase leaning against the other side of the car.

"What time do you have to start?"

"Same as you. Now come on, I want to go home." You nodded and you walked over to his car. You got in the passengers set. Chase grabbed your hand as soon as he had the car started and drove of like that. He didn't let go of your hand until you were at the grocery store and needed to get out of the car. But as soon as you both got out, he grabbed your hand again. It wel comforting, like he was in this with you. You shortly leaned with your head against his shoulder and then you grabbed a cart. You got everything you needed as fast as possible because you really wanted to go home.

Chase got all the groceries out of the car. "Why don't you shower or take a bath and I will start with dinner," he said as he places everything on the counter in the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'll just take a shower." You kissed his cheek and headed to the bathroom. You showered as quick as possible and then made your way to the bed. You laid down and texted Chase you were done. A few minutes later he came into the bedroom with two plates of spaghetti and his laptop.

"Okay, so I made dinner and I didn't know what movie you wanted to see so I thought maybe we could watch Lilo and Stitch."

"Sounds good to me," you said as you grabbed the plate from Chase. He sat down next to you, opened the laptop and started the movie. You two ate in silence and once you were done you leaned in against Chase, while he runs his fingers through you hair. You already feel more relaxed. You could probably fall asleep at any moment.

"You okay?" Chase asked.

"More then okay." You look up at him. "I had a really crappy day as you might now, but everything went away right after the dinner." Chase smiles and kisses you.

"I'm glad to hear that."

"Now please be quiet and start moving your hands through my hair again because I want to watch the movie."