Fire - JJ Maymank/the pogues

"Why won't you come over here?" JJ is FaceTiming you. He's sitting outside and you can here the rest of your friends talking.
You, however, are stuck inside. "I wish I could. But you know my parents have me on lockdown."
"Just sneak out. They aren't even there."
"There are camera's everywhere, I'm pretty sure they've the alarm on, and that they've locked all the doors."
JJ sighs. "But I miss you!"
"I miss you too, J. I'll be back as soon as I can. I promise. My parents just have to come back, and I have to talk with them. If I sneak out or whatever, it will only make it worse. But did you find anything today?" You try to change the subject.
"Nope. Only that the kooks are asses, but what's new?"
"What happened?"
"JJ, hang up the phone and come hang with us. Pope is going to steal your weed."
You raise an eyebrow. Pope and weed? "Since when does Pope smoke?"
"Since today. I'll call you first thing in the morning, okay? Gotta saves Pope's ass." With that he hangs up.
You sigh and let yourself fall back on the bed. Being stuck in the house sucks. You put your phone on the charger, and walk to your door. You're hungry, you try to open the door, but is stuck. You pull on the door as hard as you can, but nothing is happening.
"What the hell," you mumble to yourself. You try again, and again, but nothing seems to be working.
Suddenly, smoke comes from underneath the door.
"Okay, what the actual fuck! Somebody!" You yell and bang against the door. You try to kick the door one more time, but it's not breaking or opening. Slowly, more smoke is filling your room. Is the house on fire or something? If that's the case, the door should probably stay shut.
You rush over to your window and try to open it, but that's also not working. Then it hits you. Everything in the house is modernized. The house is protected by the best alarm company in the country, the whole house is being operated by electricity. So if there's a fire, the electricity probably isn't working.
You run over to your phone. It isn't even charging! You only have two percent left. The frist thing you do is JJ. It's rings twice, and then someone picks up.
"Y/N! You should come!" Kie laughs into the phone.
"Kie, listen t-."
"JJ has been talking about you the entire night."
"Kie!" You yell. "Listen to me! I'm locked in the house and it's on fire!" You scream.
"Shit. I'll put you on speaker."
"I don't have much time, Kie. The door is locked. I can't open my window. I have to break it, but you have to send someone here."
"The kooks," you hear John B mumble.
"They wouldn't..." JJ adds to the conversation.
"What the hell is going on!" You start couching. The smoke is getting to much. "I have to hang up. I need to get out of here. Just please c-." The call is hung up and your phone screen turns black. Shit. Damn phones. You throw it against the wall and look around. You need something to break the window. There is a lamp on your nightstand, that is the only thing that would be strong enough. You grab it and slam it against the window. It doesn't even scratch.
"For gods sake!" You slam it against the window over and over again, but it's not working. The heat is getting worse. The fire must be close now.
Twinkie the van stops in front of your window. The boys and Kie get out and look at your window in horror.

"Guys, we have to get her out!" JJ yells. He looks at the window and sees you trying to break it, but it doesn't seem to work.
"I'm going to kill those kooks." JJ walks over to the house, the only thing he sees are flames. It's everywhere.
"How in the world are we going to get her out?" Kie mumbles.
Everybody looks at Pope. He is the smart one in the group. He usually has all the answers. He comes up with the smartest plans. You need him right now. But all Pope is going, is staring at the grass.
"Pope!" Kie yells. "She is dying in there. Think of something!"
"I am thinking! Are the firetrucks on their way?"
"They should be here in about 5 minutes," John B says.
"She doesn't have five minutes!" JJ points up at your window. They almost can't see you because off all the smoke. You have now sat down on the floor, trying to be as low as you can.
Pope walks to the windows on the ground floor. "The windows have three layers. She has to bust through all those layers for the window to break. We need to get up there and communicate with her."
"I tried calling her, but she's not picking up. It goes straight to voicemail," Kie says and holds up her phone.
"Then we have to do it for her. We need a hammer, or something strong and sharp."
John B rushes into the van to search for something like that.
"We, or she, need to hit the window in a corner. With as much force as we can, we have to hit it and smash through all of the layers. The glass will shatter in many pieces, so at your own risk," Pope says.
"How are we going to get up there?" Kie asks.
"From the shet, onto the roof on the other side of the house and then walk over to this side of the house. I can do it. Done it many times," JJ says.
Pope shakes his head. "The roof is hot, or at least getting hot. If you walk up there now without knowing which is still steady, you could fall through the roof and... possibly die."
"If we don't do anything, she will die, Pope!"

You see your friends arguing, and getting angrier by the minute. Suddenly Kie grabs a megaphone out of the van.
"Y/N, can you hear me?"
You slowly nod your head. You feel like it's getting hard to move. It's so hot and you can't stop coughing.
"You need to break the window in the corner of the frame. Smash it as hard as you can. You have to go through all the layers of the window. It will shatter in pieces but it will get you out! The firefighters are on their way."
You hold up your thumb to Kie to let her know you heard her. You sit up and start to slam your lamp stand against the corner of your window. You can feel you need to do it harder, but you can't. Your body is too weak.
"Y/N, listen to me! You have to get out of there now or you'll die! You'll die if you don't get out now! You've beat my ass many times. I know you can do it. So slam that freaking lamp into the window or I'll kill you myself!" Pope suddenly yells through the megaphone.
It's now or never, Y/N, you think to yourself. With all the strength that you have left, you slam the lamp into the corner of the window. The first layer shatters in million pieces, falling all over and around you, but you couldn't care less. It's one step closer to getting out.
You inhale and repeat the process. Another layer shatters in pieces.
"One to go baby!" JJ yells.
You repeat the process one more time and the window shatters all over you, but the glass is broken. You can get out!
"What now?" You yell, but it's more of a shriek that's coming out of your mouth.
"You have to jump!" Pope yells.
You look down. There is no way.
"There is oxygen in the house now, Y/N. The fire will get bigger every second. You have to get out now!" Pope screams.
Right that second, you hear the firetrucks coming closer.
"Can't she wait?" Kie asks Pope.
"No. They have to set everything up. It will take to long."
JJ looks at you. "Babe, you've come this far. Don't let this ruin everything. I'll catch you. I don't care if you break my bones. Wipe away the glass from the window frame, and let your self hang from it. When I say go, you let go and I'll catch you."
"Alright," you mumble. You get up as fast as you can and do everything JJ says. You climb over the window and hold on tight. You slowly let your body slide down against the side of the house.
"Go!" JJ yells.
You let you of your window. For a moment, it feels like you're flying. Then there's the hard crash. Your head is spinning, and black spots are covering your vision.  You're sure you broke at least a few bones, but you're out.
"Get her away from the house!" Pope yells.
You feels hands around your arms and you get pulled to somewhere. The fresh air feels cold around your body. The sirens of the firetrucks are deafening.
"Is she okay?" someone yells.
"As good as can be, I think," you hear someone else say.
"Babe, can you look at me?"
You slowly turn my head to wherever the sound is coming from and open your eyes. There are still lots of black spots, but you see JJ sitting next to me.
"Come on, let's get you to the ambulance," he says and lifts you up to take you to the ambulance.
"I love you," you mumble before closing your eyes.

"If I found out who did this, I am going to kill them," you hear someone say.
"I think we know who did it."
"I wouldn't think they go that far. They're all talk, but really doing it?"
You slowly open your eyes and look around the room. You're in the hospital and your friends are sitting around your bed.
"Looks who's awake," JJ smiles when your eyes meet.
"Hi," you smile. Your voice is still hoarse.
"How are you feeling?"
"Okay, I think. What were you talking about?"
"Nothing."
"Don't lie to me, J. Please."
He sighs.
"We think Topper and Kelce are behind this," Kie says.
"Kie come on," JJ groans.
"What? She has a right to know the truth. They almost burned her alive!"
"Please guys, just tell me what has been going on?"
"The short story is: We found some of the gold from the Royal Merchant. We got robbed by Rafe and his little buddy Barry. We, wel JJ, stole money from him and Barry threatened to hurt us where it would hurt the most, and it turns out that is you," John B explains.
You look at JJ, who is looking at his hands. "How much did you steal?" You keep looking at him.
"25k," JJ mumbles.
"Excuse me?"
"I stole 25K from him and bought a hot tub."
"Oh my god, JJ," you sigh and look away from him.
"Okay, so what's next?" You look at the group.
"You get better. That's all that matters right now," JJ says.