XIX

Faith

I woke up to someone knocking on my door. I groaned as I got up to see who's interrupting my sleep.

I opened the door to see my Mom. A smile appeared on my face. "Well hello to you young lady," she says.

I laughed and brought her into a bear hug. I let her walk in and closed the door behind her. I look at her examining her. I haven't seen her in a while and I've missed her but I never had time to talk to her.

"How you've been," she asks as she took a seat on the couch. "Good been busy with work that's all" I smiled.

"Mhm have you found a boyfriend yet" she cut straight to the chase. I knew she was going to ask that.

"No ma I'm still single" I chuckle. "Why the hell you haven't been looking for a boyfriend then? I'm tired of being home by myself I want grandkids" she huffed.

"I'm not having none NOooo time soon"

"You should" she rolls her eyes. "Okay, mom" I roll my eyes as I chuckled again.

"But what's been going on with you and your work, is that fine boss of yours still there"

"No ma he's gone, and please don't speak on my boss like that" I cringe thinking about her words.

"Ex boss you mean, which means I could talk about he sexy ass if I want to"

"Please don't"

"I won't for now" she laughed. "But anyways let get to the juicy part" she smiled moving closer to me.

"So have you been getting some lately or having any one-night stand" I looked at her like she has two heads?

"Ma you don't need to know all of this" I moved back from her feeling embarrassed. "Oh come on you can tell me I know you have sex I'm not dumb" she rolled her eyes.

"Momma I'm not telling you about my sex life" she looks at me with a disappointed face.

"Fine I'll tell you about my sex life then" she smiles. "When I was with your FINE ass daddy he would always do small stuff to make me want him and let me tell you what he used to do. He would kiss me softly then slowly grip my butt and that used to make ms girl down there we-"

"DON'T finished that sentence" I yelled before she could finish. I do not want to hear about her sex life. I think no kid wants to hear about their parent's sex life or what they do in bed.

"I was just getting to the good part" she pouts. "Aww you were to bad, guess I'll have to hear it another time or not at all" I shrug. She smacks her lips as a smile came onto her face.

"Okay well since you don't want to talk about that let's talk about something else then"

"Or we can watch TV together" I suggest with a cheesy smile. "Fine we can watch TV" she gave in trying to hide her smile.

**Time Skip**

"So are you going to tell me about your dating life now or are you still going to keep it a secret," my mom asked me as I make us some food.

"Fine, I guess I'll tell you but I'm not saying a whole lot though" I look at her.

"So there is someone I'm talking to, and he seems pretty nice"

"Ohh who is it" she gasps with excitement. "His names William"

"Willliammmm, oh he sounds like a cute young thing"

"He is cute, he's kinda corny but it's cute when he does it" I shrug as I put our food on plates.

I hand mom her plate and I sat next to her with mine. "So you think y'all might start to get serious," she asks.

"I'm not sure we might but only as good friends though but if it gets serious then it gets serious"

"Mhm, well I hope y'all get serious so I can get grandkids" she puts a fork full of spaghetti in her mouth.

"Ma" I straight face her. She laughs at me making me crack a smile too.

I always loved the bond I have with my mom. It's crazy that we have a bond but she and grandma don't. They would always argue about stuff and it would get tiring every time.

One time my mom even cried to me about how she never wants us to be like her and grandma and always want me to tell her things and be open. She says she wouldn't dare put me through the things grandma put her through. I always wondered what grandma had put mom through but she would always shut the conversation down.

"What? I'm just telling you the truth I'm not going to lie to you" she shrugged.

I shook my head as we continued eating. We caught up a bit and laugh most of the time. We finished eating and I tried to wash the dishes but my mom insisted she did it instead.

As she was washing the dishes she kept staring at me like she was trying to figure something out.

"Why do you keep staring at me mom" I chuckle nervously.

She dried her hands and walked over to me I got up trying to make a run for it but ended up falling due to my still sore legs.

She picked me up and lifted my head examining my neck. It hit me just then that I didn't cover up my hickies.

"Who the hell did this to you" she looked at me. She looked angry but excited at the same time. It was kind of scary.

"I-I can explain" I stutter. I felt like a teenager again trying to explain why I stayed out last night.

"Did William do this to you"

"No," I say. She gasps then back away from me. "Then who did this, was it a one night stand or was it-"

"It was Demarcus mom," I say. It fell silent. A cold face was displayed on her face.

"Demarcus as in your ex Demarcus"

"Y-yes"

"Ugh," she groaned and got up from the floor. I got up and followed her at a slow pace.

"It could've been anybody else but him Faith really? I thought you would've done better then to go back to him" she say. I felt like I let her down.

"But he is a cute young man so I don't blame you" she shrug. "Just make sure if he gets you pregnant to be in the child's life and not to fuck over you okay" she says demandingly.

"Okay mom" I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I think it's time for me to leave I have...important things to do" she says and grabs her purse.

"And if your wondering what those things are it's me dick appointment" she smirk then gave me a wink.

"MOM I didn't need to know that" I says with a disgusted faceD

"Aye that's how you got here don't act special and besides you can't call me nasty when you let that boy out all them hickies on your neck" she scoffed.

"Oh no you didn't" I gasped. "Oh I did" she smirked.

"But for real I have to go now, gimme my hugs and kisses come on mommas baby" she opened her arms for a hug. I rolled my eyes but gave her a hug.

I kissed her cheek and she kissed my forehead. She left shortly after leaving me alone again.

I locked the door and went to my bedroom. I plopped down on the bed. Now I'm bored.

I turned over and looked up at the ceiling. I checked the time on my clock that's next to my bed and it's 1:40.

It's still early so I should go shopping just cause. I got up and got dresses putting on some biker shorts with a crop top and crocs.

I grabbed my purse then headed out the door. I locked the door then went to my car.

I hopped in and started the engine. I connected my phone to the bluetooth and turned on Pink + White by Frank ocean, and made my way to the mall.