XXXIV

Faith
A few days later...

"WHEN I'M LONELY BABY, IT'S LIKE MY FRIENDS DON'T KNOW ME GIRL THAT USED TO BE MY HOMIE. LEFT ME WITH A DREAM SHE SOLD ME, EVEN THE DREAMS GET LONELY" I sang loudly to the song Sorrows by Bryson Tiller.

Right now, I'm cleaning up my apartment and currently in the kitchen part. I put on some music while I cleaned up and so far, I've had about four or five concerts. they were all very good by the way.

I finished sweeping up the trash and threw it away. "Finally done" I sigh and sit down in one of the spinning chairs.

Looking around I felt amused at the results of me cleaning up. I stood up and went laid down on the couch, now I'm bored.

I should go buy, myself a pet!

I got up with a smile on my face and looked for my phone. I scrolled through the call log until I found Demarcus's name. I clicked on it and put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello" he spoke into the phone. "Heyyyy Demarcus"

"What do you want Faith, no in fact it's a no" I frowned. "You don't even know what I called you for" I scoffed.

"You dragged out the y and the s in hey and in Demarcus you obviously want something" I could feel him rolling his eyes.

"Fine, I do want something" I gave up the act. "Which is?"

"I want you to come with me to the pet store" I beam with a little excitement. "I don't know I'm-"

"Please, I know you're not doing anything" I roll my eyes. He pauses for a minute letting it fall silent before he sighs.

"Fine, I guess I'll come with you" a smile brightly. "Alright, I'll come to pick you up in 7 minutes be ready too, okay?"

"Alright" I hang up the phone and go get ready. I go into my closet and pick out an outfit.

I put on a black jean jacket, black jeans, and checkered vans. I let my hair stay in an Afro and picked it out a bit.

"There," I grab my keys and purse and headed out the door.

Stepping outside the cool air hit my face instantly making me cold. I lock my door and go to my car.

It was now 12:32.

Damn, it's already the evening, my phone connected to the Bluetooth automatically and I chose a song to play. Sighing I put the car in drive and drove to Demarcus's house.

I pulled up in front of his house and honked the horn. He soon as asked the house, he was wearing a grey jogger Nike set.

He opens the passenger door and slides in. "Hey" he spoke after closing the door.

"Hey, ready to go find me a pet" I smile up at him.

He smells so good.

"Thanks" he smirks. "I just said that out loud," I ask nervously. "Yes, baby you did" he chuckles.

FML.

"It's okay I like it when you compliment me" He rubs my head. I swat his hand away and pull off.

"Now what kind of pet you're looking for," he asks. I actually haven't even thought of what pet that I want.

"Honestly, I don't know whatever catches my eye" I shrug keeping my eyes on the road. "You should get a dog" he comments.

"No that's too basic, I want something that isn't so original" he scoffs causing me to look at him.

"What, something was in my throat the air is stuffy" he fans the air as if something was in his face. "Yeah, something better is in yo throat" I mumble as I park.

I turn the engine off and we hop out of the car. We walk into the store all kinds of animal noises can be heard. "Hello, Welcome to Petco" an employee welcomes us. "Hello," we say in unison.

We continue walking in the store looking around at all the different animals they have. I saw a cute kitten that was black and white clawing at the cage she was in. "Aww this one is cute" I walk over to the cage.

"Ehh I look better than that" he mumbles lowly but I heard. I elbow him in the chest and go back awing at the small creature. "Ow" he whines but I ignore him.

"I wonder I could just carry her around" I look up at Demarcus. "I don't if they would let you, but if you're sure this is what you want just go tell one of the people nut if not, we can keep looking" he shrugs.

"I'm going to keep looking" he nods. I tell the kitten that I'm going to come back for her and we continue looking.

Most of the time I have seen cute pets but none of them really stuck out to me. "I'm about to give up" I groan frustratedly. "No don't give up there has to be something in here you like, just keep looking we going to find one," Demarcus says calming me down while rubbing my back.

I sigh and looked down the aisle of animals when one caught my attention. It was an adorable bunny, it wasn't very nig more of a medium-sized. Their ears were to their side and their button nose was wiggling.

"I want that one," I say while staring at it. "You sure," Demarcus asks. I nodded my head yes immediately.

He picks up the cage the bunny was in and we head to the front counter. We had to wait behind three of four people and the whole time I was playing with the bunny.

Demarcus kept telling me to stop but of course I didn't, he's just mad that someone else is getting my attention. We finally get up to the front and we get all the paperwork and things we need for them.

The bunny was a girl. But she didn't have a name yet. "Thank you have a nice one," Demarcus tells the lady and we leave the store.

I let Demarcus drive back to my place since I wanted to place with the bunny. I still had to think of a name for her.

"Want something to eat before we go back," Demarcus ask snapping me out of my trance. I nod my head and continued playing with the bunny. "Words" he demands.

"Yes," I answer. He goes over to Popeyes and gets our food. "Thank you," I say as he hands me my food.

"Your welcome" he chuckles and we head to my place.
__________________________________

This is how the bunny looks^^