XLIV

Faith

"Who was that," William asked. "Oh, that was my friend he was calling me about something" I brush it off.

William just popped up at my apartment unannounced and I was on the phone with Demarcus. I hope he didn't hear him.

"What brought you here," I ask. "I was thinking about you and decided to come over" he laughs nervously. "And you didn't think about texting or calling me first," I say hinting at him.

"Your right I should've I'm sorry about that" a deep blush paints his face. "It's okay at least you know for next time" I chuckle. He sits down on the other side of the couch.

He stared at me with a smile on his face. I smiled back and looked away shyly. "Why did you look away" he laughs. "Because that type of stuff makes me nervous" I spoke lowly.

"Oh so I make you nervous is what you are saying" a smirk appears on his face. "If you want to say that then you can" he moves closer to me. I eye him up and down.

I know he's not trying to hit on me?

"Are you trying to hit on me?" I ask him curiously with a smirk. "I don't know maybe, maybe not" he shrugs.

He bit his lip while looking at me as if I was his food and he was starving. His hand goes to my knee and starts to rub it slowly. "What you doing" I laugh.

"Nothing I'm just resting my hand here" I lift an eyebrow at him and he just smiled at me.

"Is you trying to get freaky deeky with me?" I ask getting straight to the point. He stops and burst into a pit of laughter. I couldn't help the smile that came onto my face.

"Your one funny person you know that," he says finally calming down from his laughter. "I've been told before"

"But to answer your question no, I'm not trying to have sex with you" I sigh and relax my body in relief.

It's not that he's ugly or anything it's just I'm not ready to live that face and have sex with him that's all. Because he is a very attractive person now don't get me wrong.

"But I do want to hang out with you though if that's okay" he jokes. I smile "Yea that's okay"

•••

The next day...

I groan as I hear my alarm going off. I quickly press the stop button and got up to get ready for work. Getting up I head straight to the bathroom and start my day.

After finishing getting ready I go to my kitchen to get my ice cream banana split. I was craving one at the moment. Now I headed out the door.

"Damn it's cold out here," I say to myself as I hop in the car. I started the car trying to get it to heat up a bit. It's in the middle of October now so the weather is changing.

Maybe eating ice cream before walking out want the best decision

I love winter so I couldn't wait for this season to come. Now thinking about it I should play Christmas music.

Going on my phone I click a Christmas song. Give love on Christmas Day by Jackson 5 played throughout the car. "WHY DON'T YOU GIVE LOVEEE ON CHRISTMASSS DAY" I sang to the lyrics.

I pulled into my job parked the car and hop out in a joyful mood. Nothing can make me mad today.

As usual, I was greeted with good mornings and warm welcoming smiles. If this job is good for anything their good for their smiles for sure.

Getting to my floor I go to my office and unlock it, walking in it smelt like kiwi coconut. I loved that smell from bath & body works. Happy I got that candle.

Getting to it I start setting my stuff up since my first client is coming soon.

•••

As I was sitting in my office just getting finished with a customer Mark comes in with papers in his hand. I look at him confused.

"What're those papers for?" I ask. "They're for you to do Mr. Scott assigned these for you to do" he hurry and puts them on my desk before leaving.

"Oh and it all has to be done before the end of work too" he pops his head back in and finally leaves.

WHAT!?!!

There are like 100 and something sheets of paper on here and I'm supposed to get it don't by the end of the day?

I get up and storm to his office. He can at least give me till tomorrow morning. I bust through the door and huffing.

He continues to look at the paperwork not acknowledging me. Bitch-

"Demarcus what the fuck is this" I slam the papers on his desk. He looks at the paper and continues doing his task.

I scoff. "I know you're not ignoring me" silence. "Demarcus you can't just randomly give me a whole lot of paperwork without a heads up then expect me to do it before the day ends," I say after him not responding to me.

Silence

I go up to him and move his chair so it facing me, I grip his chin so he's facing me. "I don't know what's your problem but you're not about to take that shit out on me, so SPEAK TO ME AND EXPLAIN YOUR SELF" I semi yell.

He looks at me for a while before chuckling, he turns his chair back and continued doing what he's been doing. Ignoring me and reading that same damn paper.

"Fine wanna be like that? Then I guess both of us are then" I scoff and exit his office.