XXXVI

Faith

"See you later Demarcus," I tell him as he steps out of my apartment. He looks down at me then his eyes went lower.

I followed his eyes to my hard breasts that's showing through my shirt. "Stop, aren't you tired yet" I fold my arms over my chest.

"You know I'm never tired" he smirked. I rolled my eyes and he chuckled.

"Alright I'll stop" he laughs. He leans in and kisses me. I kiss back and quickly move back before he can deepen it.

"Bye Demarcus," I say getting ready to close the door. "See you later Faith," he says then leaves.

I close my door.

Where Button I forgot she was here. "BUTTON" I call out. She came hopping over to me as his nose wiggled.

"I was so busy with Demarcus I forgot about my baby, I'm sorry," I tell her with a pout.

She sniffs me as I look at her. Just too cute!

I walk to the fridge and grab a bottle of water, and a bag of chips. I went to my room and plopped down on the bed and let Button go.

She hopped to my pillows and laid down on them. I sighed as I lay back and open my bag of chips.

The tv played a recent anime show I've been watching lately that I found interest in. I'm on season 3 right now and so far it hasn't got boring either.

Finishing off my chips and water I throw it away in the trash can that's next to my bed, then laid back down.

My eyes slowly closed as I dozed off.

Next-Day...

My alarm went off slightly scaring me. I groan and turned it off and turn over.

I really don't want to go to work today but I need to.

The office has been calling my phone telling me my clients are coming in and they need me to fix their computers. They even said some clients won't go to anyone else but me and they left saying they are coming another day.

I've made up enough excuses on why I haven't been showing up and they have been accepting them.

I stood up a stretched my body before heading to my bathroom to handle my hygiene.

Exiting the bathroom I go into my drawer and get out undergarments to wear and put them on. Walking over to my closet now I looked through it trying to decide what I'm going to wear.

I settled for a hoodie and tights with some Nike slides. Not wanting to do anything with my hair I left it in the neat bun it was in and grabbed my keys and purse.

"Bye Button baby, mommy's going to miss you," I tell her as I put her in the cage. I made sure she had food and water in her bowls then left.

I walked out the door and locked both locks and head to my car. I started the car and back out of the parking space.

Putting the car in drive I head off to work.

"Morning Ms. Evans nice to see you today," an old coworker said smiling at me.

"Good morning, happy to see you too" I smiled at her and continued walking.

I pressed the up button and stepped back. A ding went off and an elevator opened. I stepped inside and pressed my floor.

The elevator closed and went up to my floor. I sighed as I looked up feeling sleepy still. The elevator soon opened and I stepped out.

Making my way to my office I grabbed my keys so I could unlock the door. "Hey Ms. Evans" I heard.

I look over to see Mark with a wide smile on his face. "Morning Mark," I say as I finally unlocked my office door.

"How have you been," he asks. "I'm good" I smile softly sitting in my chair letting my body relax. "Good because I've noticed you haven't been coming to work and I was starting to worry about you" he chuckles.

I giggle a little and look at him. "You've been worrying about me Mark," I ask. "Yes," he says nervously.

"Aww, that set of you Mark". His face turned red.

"Well, it was nice a-see you, Ms.Evans see you around" he spoke and left before I could say anything.

I chuckled and turned on my desktop computer to catch up on all of my work. After looking at my work I went through my emails and answered my clients that tried to come in.

A knock came from the door turning my gaze from my computer to the door. "Come in" I yelled.

One of my coworkers who name I don't know I walked in. "Ms. Evans, there's someone here for an appointment" she spoke. "Send them in thank you" I smile.

She nodded her head and exit my office. I close out the tabs on my desktop. My office door opened and a lady walked in.

She was very tall and pretty. Her hair was straight and she wore a crop top and jogging pants. I looked up at her to see her smiling widely at me.

"Hello I'm Ms. Evans, but you can call me Faith" I stood up to shake her hand. "Hello Faith, I'm Erica"

"Hello Erica, you can have a seat right here for me," I say directing my hands towards the seats in front of my desk.

"So what can I help you with," I ask her as she was now seated. "Well I came a few days ago but you weren't here and I really need my laptop fixed by today" she explains.

"Okay, what's wrong with it," I ask gesturing for her to hand me the laptop. She gives me the laptop and I open it as I continue to listen to her.

"I'm not really sure what's wrong with it but it has been acting up and glitching lately and then one day it blacked out" she shrugged. I nod my head as I powered it on.

"Before it starts acting up and glitching have you had problems before with it," I ask looking over at her. "Yeah, and this is my third time going to a professional to get it checked out"

"Mhmm okay," I avert my attention back to the computer. "What's your password," I ask.

"1993,"  she tells me. I put the code in and started checking for viruses.

"Sorry for bothering you but I just have to ask, have you ever been a model before" I blush at her question

"No, I've never been a model before. Never really thought about it either" I answer. "You should, you'll be a perfect model"

"Thank you, you look like one yourself"

"I am one actually" she laughs. I look at her shocked. She does look like one but I didn't think she would be one though.

"Would you like to try and be a model now?" she asked after a moment of silence filled the room.

"I mean sure I would like to try it out" I smile brightly. "Great, let me contact my manager to get you set up," she says excitedly and takes out her phone.

Well looks like I'm about to be a model now.