What we do in life echoes in eternity PT. 2

Chapter 11:

---

Starting from where we left off, Blitz endured a hail of insults coming from Mephisto, and at the end of it, he snapped and managed to win the argument. He felt bad, seeing as he made him cry, and so he sulked out of the village, along with Varus.

He stopped at a scout camp, where Varus kept him warm as he think things through.

Varus kept his mouth shut and just stares at Blitz without breaking eye contact... When Blitz meets his gaze, he looks away. This continues for quite some time, and Blitz doesn't look or feel like budging out of his pensive state.

Suddenly, after a while of staring into the fire and watching the world change all around, two individuals went to both comfort and congratulate Blitz for his tact in pissing off a child. They were Crownslayer and W, and do they look proud.

The former casually just lays down and uses a log as her pillow, while W sat right next to Blitz. She pat his back when she did.

---

W: "That was pretty fucking amazing what you did that there!"

Blitz: "S...seriously?"

Crownslayer: "Dude, that kid is getting on everyone's nerves. Only Talulah and Faust like him, and not much anyone else. Good on you for putting that piece of shit in his place."

Varus: "Would it be wrong to hurt a child?"

W: "I prefer punching them. It's so satisfying."

Varus: "You're...an adult, you're supposed to be mature! But you're acting like a ten-year-old!"

W: "Your face is acting like a ten-year-old!"

*Varus...remained quiet...unable to retort such a clever comeback.*

Crownslayer: "By the way, Emperor—I like your new groove. At first, I thought you were this uptight, clueless chode."

Blitz: "Seriously?"

*Crownslayer shrugs and unveils her hood afterward. Revealing her soft red hair, and pointy ears. She rubs her wolf ears since being tucked in flaps can really irritate them.*

Crownslayer: "Everyone's a chode here, dude. But now?... I love what you've done with the place. Now I see why most of my folks...went to side with you... I did not like that, but it's good seeing them in better hands. Besides... I much prefer doing stuff alone."

W: "It seems you learned a lot from Maccready... I mean, he is your mentor and all."

*Blitz chuckles, and adjusts his posture.*

Blitz: "He always says that an army can march with an empty stomach, but they can't be effective when they're bored. Morale is always a priority for that guy. He sometimes takes me, this other squire, and our merry band of minstrels or servants to taverns, and gets us so pissed drunk that I woke up spooning a dog. Honestly, it would be nice to have alcohol."

Crownslayer: "Psst... Blitz."

*She whispers. Recalling that Crownslayer took a bottle of cider from when Blitz was first kidnapped, she puts her bag up front and pulls out a quarter-full bottle of freshly refrigerated cider. Varus and Blitz were confused as to why it was freshly cold.*

Crownslayer: "Before you ask... I gave Frostnova a pint-full for helping me refrigerate this stuff. I saved it for folks I find cool, but since it's just us four, let's drink up. For the Reunion!"

Varus: "Yeah... I...guess."

W: "I'm mostly in here for the money, but then again... I don't know how to decide for my company ever since Maccready...well... You know?"