Charlie Spencer, the Revolutionary Actor

Chapter 62:

---

Meeting with Charlie is more important than putting on his original attire, so Blitz kept the Crusader costume he hated wearing, and followed the Vulpo secretary, Feng, to where he is. Varus seems a bit more confident now that he's wearing new clothes fit for a messenger, but he still sticks close to Blitz regardless, perhaps worried about a nervous breakdown when wearing an object of his past.

~~~

Feng leads them out backstage, where the cleaners shoot yet another curious glance at them and does a double-take when they saw them wearing new costumes. They thought they were a pair of time travelers at first. Feng doesn't seem too bemused about why they wore theatre property, nor does she even ask them what they were doing.

She leads them out of the auditorium, passing the rows of hundreds of thousands of seats, and back into the atrium. They descend the staircases leading to the Historical Stage, and back to the foyer, but this time, Feng leads them to the corridor on the left. The narrow hall makes Varus feel claustrophobic.

This must be the museum section of the theatre judging by the priceless, beautiful paintings made by distinguished artists. They're only copies of the painting, however, because where the real, authentic ones are kept remains to be seen. Still, this pleases the cultured mindset of Blitz. There are even paintings he likes, which consist of a starry night sky, a human woman smiling at them, two farmers – a husband and wife – and their pink four-legged Perro companion, and a neighborhood under the sea, with a rock, a pineapple, and a rock sculpture of a head as the only houses visible.

Feng doesn't provide a tour, nor does she even speak, she's focused on bringing them to Charlie.

~~~

They turn a corner after walking down the hall for some time and come across a stairwell that leads to the upper or bottom floors. They then halted abruptly, and finally, Feng talks to provide information about the theatre.

"The stairs leading down lead to the musical exhibition stage, or the Beethoven stage, named after the famed Bolivarian musician. It's where one musician would perform in front of hundreds of people to listen to their... pûzi. Music. Upstairs leads to the doors leading to the additional seats on the balconies, perhaps more paintings of long-dead artists to attract the curious eyes of children, and adults with low-attention spans."

And after that, she walks up the stairs after gesturing to follow, without looking at them. Blitz can't help but notice the slight accent in her soft-spoken, slow and enchanting voice. She sounds almost a lot like Frostnova. It sounds Yenese.

Then again, there are a lot of factors that would confirm she is from Yen, with her name, the fact she said 'Indeed' in Yenese earlier, and the Eastern Terran complexion.

When Blitz was deep in thought, just blankly staring at the stairwell, Varus stays beside him, thinking he might be having some sort of post-traumatic stress fit with the costume he's wearing, Feng returns when she realizes they aren't following her and gets them back right on track.