Our beloved General

Chapter 38:

---

Even if they took over almost all of Tsaringrad, with Blitz in the command center's bridge to commandeer the ship and take it someplace else away from the Ursus battleships, Ursus is dead set on retaking the city that they sent lord knows how many regiments into the city. Those regiments and battalions either got killed trying to stop Blitz or defected to his side; out of fear or because of the rumors that people prosper under his rule and his men are treated better.

When many of the carrier ships on the way to Tsaringrad decided to stop and change their course, and some battleships decide to chase after them and bomb them for treason, one more carrier ship docked into the western port of the capital town, but since Blitz's men took over most of the municipality, the troops were bogged down into their ship; getting fired upon by Blitz's riflemen and machine guns.

The ship was unable to leave due to a malfunction in the docking systems because of a certain caster's combustion spell. This leaves troops, both Ursus and New Reunion, occupied until either side show signs of losing or capitulating. With Ursus being most likely.

However, while many of the troops – of what remains, however, try their darnedest to keep Ursus off of their ship, others took the opportunity to explore the capital town; testing the waters of their soon-to-be new home by investigating casinos and examining bars. A few conscripts deserted in an attempt to high tail it back to their homes and families, and a heroic selective – usually Ursus legionnaires – kept civilians safe in refugee holdouts in the subway stations, hospitals, malls, schools, or guard stations before they could be safely evacuated.

{Two specific riflemen decide to wander around close to the command center, rather than visit the pubs and restaurants the capital town has to offer them. The command center is a mall in and itself; it's huge, with the fact that it controls the entire ship overshadowing that. They know their beloved General is in the bridge, making sure the entire city will be moving soon, but it's been a few minutes, and yet they don't feel like the city is moving}

Theodore and Joshua used the commotion outside to sneak into the command center and hang around in the recreation area inside. They're hiding from their commanding officer, Blitz, who's at the other hall beyond the recreation area. The two are playing pool, with bottles of light beer in hand, and a lit cigar in their mouth.

The cigars the fleet have are top-notch, of Colombian Quality. Colombians make the best stuff, do they?

They're the only ones in the recreation area, and Joshua starts to become a bit suspicious about the intense quietness. He is aware soldiers are guarding the bridge; even if some are ordered to assist in the forefront, surely the General wouldn't leave a few bodyguards for him?

As Theodore breaks shot, scattering the multi-colored balls with the white cue ball, Joshua looks out towards the door and ponders.

It takes a while for him to remove his gaze, so in response, Theodore throws pool chalk at Joshua's head. He whips around in his mate's direction, considerably pissed off.

---

Joshua: "The fuck was that for, you prick?!"

Theodore: "Your turn, you bastard. Don't stall for time, damn it."

Joshua: "Eugh."

*Joshua rolls his eyes and instead shoots his turn. He hits the cue ball with medium strength; it bounces off the rim of the table, hits two pool balls, and manages to score by launching one of the balls inside the hole. Theodore mutters, "Lucky shot," and continues his turn.*