Reunion Exile

Chapter 18:

---

{It was a sad yet victorious day for Rhodes Island. They may have lost one of their elite soldiers, and several more guards on the way to save their VIP, and perhaps getting heartbroken over the subsequent betrayal of their once beloved former Logistics Manager and Backline Tactician - formerly known as Nathan Leonard, but the most important thing is that their former former Logistics Manager is back}

This fellow goes by the Doctor, but Amiya, due to how annoying and lacking in grammar she is, calls them 'Dokutah'. While this fellow's gender is quite Unknown, the voice changer it has on its mask vocoded to that of a man. So it's probably safe to use the 'Him' and 'He' pronouns.

He was briefed on the situation at hand, and he is confused. Topped with that of his unfortunate amnosia event, he forgot about Rhodes Island and everyone in Rhodes Island as a whole. But fortunately, they're steadily and deliberately making sure he remembers.

They're at the observation area, where Rhodes Island, in all its glory, could be seen from a bird's eye view.

This is all familiar to the Doctor, but still, he is confused...and stupid. He stands beside the current leader of Rhodes Island, who he has mistaken as his assistant. She didn't correct him whatsoever.

---

Doctor: "So... I led all this?"

Amiya: "Once, yes."

Doctor: "How... Did I get into that human-sized microwave?"

Amiya: "That...is classified information, I'm afraid. I'm glad you're back, Dokutah."

Doctor: "Rightrightright, yes, I... You told me that already. Hey, listen...just...who was that guy at Chernobong?"

Amiya: "Chernobog."

*The Doctor simply shrugs as a response to her correction, possibly telling her, 'Not my fault I have brain damage.'*

Amiya: *She sighs sorrowfully, and looks out the window, deep in thought.* "His name is Nathan Leonard... Or now known as 'Blitz,' perhaps. He was our...former Tactician, like you, Dokutah, except he at least knew how to fight. Not questioning you on your skills, though! You are equals when it comes to leadership and smart tactics."

Doctor: "Right, but, I don't lead an army. I lead like a sixteen-man squad or something. Sometimes with kids! Especially this Ifrit girl. What's wrong with her?"

Amiya: "She...has a complicated past. Nathan always knew ways to calm her down. She is not feeling well at the moment, and we were afraid we had to use tranquilizers just to get her to sleep. She does not like that."

Doctor: "Well what does he use to calm her down?"

Amiya: "I-I don't know... I believe it's because he took the time to be familiar with her, and respected her privacy, unlike her...torturous past. He said that before he left to be a squire for his Crusader, Maccready, that his father used to tame and take care of his dog—Dogmeat, his name is... It was said no shelter could handle him, and even if they had, he literally wrecks the place."

Doctor: "Huh... I see... This Nathan guy has a rich history, huh? What made him tick to join the bad guys?"

Amiya: "That I do not understand. Perhaps he has strong sympathies for the infected, that he can't hold back anymore, but our main priority is this Reunion Threat. With Nathan on their side, there's no telling how destructive everything is going to be. We saw what his men are armed of, right?"