Love

Yoon Se Ri

What?

Dan is still talking and I can't follow her. I don't know what she's talking about.

"That he loved you from the beginning. Even when you're married to his brother? God, you don't know how many times I want to tell you that.

"Imagine our elation when he said you guys had a first date. At first I thought, he'd never acted on it, especially with your circumstances, and I don't know how you feel about him... So..."

It's the word 'love' that stuns my brain into silence, my mouth failing to form words that is desperate to be said, my heart constricts and leaves me breathless.

"Okay... Mrs. Ace... I don't think that's what she needs to tell us." Their eyes lock into each other's and their pale face tells me everything.

"Can someone please tell me what did you mean by that?"

"Isn't that what you need to tell us? That he loves you? Please tell me it is?" Dan looks so guilty.

"No, it's not."

"Oh, no. Forget I said anything. Dan and her big mouth. Please forget what I said. Please. Let him tell you himself, if he ever wants to tell you."

"I know he has feelings for me. But it's because we're separated after the crash. His feeling grows from that."

They look at each other again then shake head. "No, Se Ri. He loves you long before that."

"As a sister in law." They shake their head again. "He loves you more than that." I can't breathe. I can't think.

"Did he tell you guys about this?"

"Well... he didn't tell us... tell us. But... we asked him and he confirmed." Ae Rin tells me softly.

"When?"

"After you got married to Mash."

"That's two years ago."

"It's more than that, I think." Dan says. More? What more? I beg her with my eyes to just tell me everything.

"He's been in love with you since the first time he met you."

I can't breathe.

I. Can't. Breathe.

The first time we met. It's almost three years ago. Three. Years.

He loves me?

While seeing me married to his brother. Pregnant with his brother's child. Knowing I would never love him back.

He loves me?

While picking me up in my lowest moments. He'd been there for me when I lost Hyun Ki. He stood with me in that podium when I had to speak in Mu Hyeok's memorial service.

He's always there for me. Whenever I'm struggling in the past years, he's been there. Carrying me through the hard times.

He loves me?

Memories from the last two months hit me one by one. The way he looks at me, the sound of his voice saying my name, the touch of his caress in my face, the feel of his lips everywhere he kisses me. All the little things he notices about me, all my favorite things he remembers about, all that he's done to keep my smile on my face.

There's no question.

Jeong Hyeok loves me. He loves me so much.

Oh, God.

I can't imagine the pain he's going through all this time.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I drop my head in my hands.