Chapter 21 (THE END)

A/N So this is the end guys :( I tried to tie up all the loose ends but if I missed anything just message me and I’ll clear up some stuff. I hope you have enjoyed reading this as much as I liked writing it! If you did like it please vote, comment, follow me, and check out my other books :) Love you all xx -Claire

Ps. Listen to the song on the side

****

The next two years passed in a blurr. There were times when neither of us wanted to get out of bed, fearing what the media would say about us next, but we loved each other and that was the glue that held us together. The world had finally started to accept our life choices and Louis became king when his father died. Lottie stepped up as Queen until she married a price from France. Then Felicity became queen.

We were married the next spring, and Missy brought the rings down the aisle on a pillow she held between her teeth. It had taken weeks of training but she finally learned not to eat the rings and pillow.

Louis became a great king, one of the best in history actually, with my help of course. The people were happy as long as he made the right decisions. There were still a few who didn’t like our lifestyle choices, but they were quiet voices in the crowd we didn’t pay any attention to.

Four years after that we adopted a baby boy who we named Joseph. Everyone loved the little prince, and Louis spoiled him rotten. I taught him to ride on Missy. She would never return to how she was before the accident but she was still graceful and well trained and Joseph adored her, as did I.

Louis lent me money to build a stable just down the road with plenty of land for pastures and arenas and there I began teaching what I had learned. People came from all over to learn from me. I couldn’t believe it. I still can’t. They even came to watch me ride in shows. People paid top dollar for me to train their horses. It took almost a year to pay Louis back, even though he insisted I didn’t have to, and nearly three to pay his mother back for Missy’s surgery.

I retired from competition riding when I turned forty and instead rode for pleasure. I went to every show Joseph rode in and Louis came to as many as he could, but he couldn’t always make it. We fought like any normal couple, but in the end we always made up.

He held me when Missy died of old age and I held him when his mother died. By some twist of fate it was the same day of my accident and my mother and sister’s death. Each year we visited their graves and we didn’t let Joseph forget his grandmother and I told him all about his other grandma and his aunt Gemma.

He grew up to be a lovely man and married a girl from the city named Samantha. Louis and I cried at the wedding and when they gave us our first grandchild, a girl who they named Johannah Anne Tomlinson.

Louis stepped down as king when he turned forty five and the first few grey hairs appeared on his head, the crinkles by his eyes now permanent whether he was smiling or not. Felicity married a lawyer and they ruled together like a well-oiled machine.

Louis took me around the world and we saw things that words couldn’t explain. It was breathtaking and we didn't let our age slow us down. We were still passionate when we made love in the hotels, staying up into the early hours of the morning just talking about everything and nothing.

Louis was and always will be my everything. He helped me be me again and I can’t ever repay him for that. Despite everything we had made it. We were together and we were happy.