Chapter 17

Louis’ POV

"Are you kidding me? You called my mother?!" I threw my hands up in exasperation.

"I had too. You were knocked out cold." Paul explained.

"Do you even realize what you've done? She's coming here!" The last thing I wanted was my mum hovering around me.

"Lou, he had to. We have to contact the parents if a student is injured badly." Harry said guiltily.

See

"But I'm fine!" I huffed.

"We didn't know that." He said quietly.

I turned away from Paul and my face softened when I saw how Harry frowned. I took his hand and started walking out of Paul’s office.

"You let me know as soon as she gets here." I called over my shoulder.

I tugged Harry into Snowy’s stall and pushed him against the wall. He looked down shyly, so I tilted his head up and pressed our lips together.

He responded instantly, putting his arms around my neck, and pulling me closer. I rested my hands on his hips, squeezing slightly.

"What was that for?" He breathed.

"I need to tell you something. I think you know, but I don't want you to be angry with me." He furrowed his eyebrows and his arms involuntarily tightened around my neck. "My mum can't know about us. No one can know. I don't know if you noticed me trying to hide it or not."

"I'd did." He said quietly. "And I understand. You're the prince."

"I have a duty to my country and the people won't take to kindly to their prince having a boyfriend."

"Especially not me." He muttered under his breath.

"Harry, don't say that. I could be dating the richest, handsomest, smartest, funniest boy in the world and they would still be against it."

"Then why are we together?” He sighed. “If we're never going to be able to be together freely then why are we doing this?"

I rested my forehead against his, sighing deeply. "I don’t want to think about the future right now, let’s just enjoy being together. I love you, more than I’ve ever loved anyone or anything.” I blushed. “And that both scares me and excites me.”

“You hated me when you first got here.” He smiled softly. “But I guess I hated you too, so it’s okay.”

I leaned down to kiss him again and he let me take control of the kiss. Thankfully the others were in their cabins or in town, so I didn’t have to worry about anyone seeing us. We parted when the need for air became too great.

“I won’t see her much anyways. I have to work tomorrow.”

“I wish you wouldn’t go. You’re exhausted. Today has been nice.”

Somehow I had convinced Harry not to go into work. I thought it was because he felt guilty about my fall and was trying to make it up to me. I may have guilted him into it a little bit.

“We’ve talked about this.” He sighed. “I have to do this for Missy.”

“I know.” I sighed back. “I just miss you when you’re gone. I want you to meet my mum. If you can’t be my boyfriend then I’ll introduce you as my friend.”

“I’ll be back that night. I’d love to meet your mum.” He smiled. “I’m going to groom the horses, then we’ll have lunch.”

He pecked my lips sweetly before I stepped back to let him go. He disappeared down the aisle and a fond smile graced my lips as he limped slightly in his boot. He hated the thing, but I thought it was adorable the way he waddled in it. He only had to wear it for another two weeks. One and a half if he elevated and iced it regularly.