Chapter 5

On Wednesday everyone was called into the dining hall where Paul stood on a table and announced that we would be split into teams next week, so we would be judged on our riding this week. Basically the best riders would be on Team 1 and the second best in Team 2 and so on until there were five teams, each with eight people. It was so that we could be trained better based on our abilities.

I tried to listen to the rest of what he was saying, but my eyes kept drifting to the corner where Harry was standing. A weird feeling of jealousy swept over me when I saw Liam drape his arm over Harry's shoulders and Harry lean into him. I rolled my eyes and focused on Paul again.

As I was leaving with Zach three girls came up to us. One was really skinny and blonde with blue eyes, the other was pudgy with dark brown curly hair and a thick layer of makeup, and the last was another skinny blonde but she had brown eyes.

"Hi, Prince Louis." The first blonde giggled. "I'm Natasha and this is Emily and Ashley. A lot of us are going to the pool Saturday. You and your friends should come." She flipped her hair over her shoulder and smiled.

"Call me Louis." I laughed. "Sounds fun, I'll be there." I winked and began walking away.

"Oh, and Emily wanted me to ask you if you could convince Harry to come. She has a bit of a crush on him." Natasha giggled as Emily eyes widened in shock.

"I'll try, but he probably won't come. I'm pretty sure he hates me." I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Don't take it personally hun, He hates everyone." Ashley scoffed.

"Yeah, he seems a bit odd. The other day I saw him down there by the black horse's stall and he was talking to her. Who talks to horses?" Zach laughed.

"He's just a freak. Right Lou-Lou?" Natasha winked.

My fists clenched at my sides. They had no right to talk about Harry that way, but what was I supposed to do about it? I did the only thing I could, I agreed.

"Yeah, and he's a right git as well. The other day I made him cry, little cry baby."

It hurt me to say it, because I was starting to think Harry and I could be friends, but I had to keep up my image. They all started laughing, so I forced out a laugh too.

"In all seriousness, I heard he killed his parents and sister. That's why I stay away from him, but Emily likes the dangerous ones." Ashley smirked.

"He probably did, he seems like the type that would do something like that." I looked down at my TOMS and sighed.

What am I even doing? Why can't I just tell them to fuck off?

"Well, we'll talk to you guys later, Zach and I have to go do something." We waved at them.

I turned on my heel and stopped in my tracks. Harry and Liam were standing only a few feet away shooting me death glares. I gulped and looked away. Had they heard what I said? God, I hope not. I quickly struck up a conversation with Zach and walked faster towards our cabin.

**

I was about to tack up Snowy when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me aside. I expected it to be one of the trainers or Paul but to my surprise, it was Liam.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He spat.

"I'm tacking up what the hell does it look like?" I replied.

"I'm talking about Harry. You can't just play with his feelings like that! You can't make him think you care one minute and then go call him a freak when you think he's not around!" Liam hissed.